Using Feathers Creatively

Using Feathers Creatively

A Story by Steve Thomas
"

Feathers have some great commercial and creative uses. This article talks about the use of two types of feathers namely turkey feathers and hackle feathers.

"
Feathers have some great commercial and creative uses. This article talks about the use of two types of feathers namely <b>turkey feathers</b> and <b>hackle feathers</b>.
 
Turkey is a bird which at its full grown age has around 3500 feathers.Turkey feathers held a great ritual significance in some of the Native American tribes.  It is very popular among artists to collect turkey feathers. Marabou Turkey is a special breed of turkey having very soft feathers, which can be dyed and are popularly used by artists.  Turkey feathers are strong yet soft, which makes them a perfect craft element.  Some of the popular commercial uses of turkey feathers are in making fly fishing ties, calligraphy quills and arrows. But, artistically there can be a numerous uses of them. Some of the popular artistic uses of turkey feathers are as follows. 
<b>Boas</b>: Feather boas are popularly worn by people. They canbe self-designed by simply sewing the turkey feathers with a soft and strong inner fabric. 
<b>Party Masks</b>: Party masks can be designed with colored Turkey feathers.  You just need to get a simple card board masks and glue turkey feathers in certain pattern on the mask. 
<b>Fashion Accessories</b>: DyedTurkey feathers can be creatively used for making hair extensions, boutonnieres, fascinators and jewelry. 
<b>Canvas</b>:  Turkey feathers have an extraordinary property to hold paints. This makes a great choice for being used as canvas by artists.   
Ideas are many; a creative spirit is needed to explorethe unexplored uses of feathers.  Sourcing Turkey feathers is not a big deal now. One can get <b>Turkey feathers for sale</b> at various online sites. 
Hackles are the fine feathers that are found at the backs of somedomestic chickens, especially roosters. They have variety of uses,   including the main use of making fishing ties. The other popular use of hackle feathers is as hair extensions. Hair dressers are fond of using hackle feather as hair extensions.  It is flexibility and the durability of these feathers that appeals stylists so much. These feathers can be washed, dried, curled and flat ironed and can typically stay on any hair for quite a long. If you don’t want to attach feathers directly to your hair, you can glue feathers on a hair clip and use them to accentuate your looks. Apart from the beautifying hair, hackles can be used for all sorts of art and craft works. They can be used to create chandeliers, hangings, and feather wall arts. 
There are varieties of small things that can be made beautifully using hackles. For instance, you can make a beautiful dream catcher, which is popularly believed to save infants from getting a bad dream or else you can make feathered pens and bookmarks.  You can strip feathers beautifully and glue them to your old shoes to give them a complete new look. 
Hackles are available in many colors at various feather supply stores and can be conveniently bought in the desired color. Feather treasure is an online store selling feathers in different types, colors and sizes.  
Author Info:-
Steve Thomas is a freelance writer. His articles on topic like Turkey feathers for sale and hackle feather guide are published on various online platforms.

© 2014 Steve Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on August 13, 2014
Last Updated on August 13, 2014
Tags: shopping