Make the Annual Festival of New Orleans More Fascinating with Feathers

Make the Annual Festival of New Orleans More Fascinating with Feathers

A Story by Steve Thomas
"

Mardi Gras is an annual festival of New Orleans, United States, also known as Fat Tuesday.

"
Every year Mardi Gras is celebrated in full enthusiasm with parades, dance, music, balls and king cake parties, and this year is no exception to this. The carnival celebration has started on January 31, 2015 and will continue until the Mardi Gras day, which is on February 17, 2015. 

Mardi Gras is an annual festival of New Orleans, United States, also known as Fat Tuesday. The carnival celebration starts two weeks before the stated day, and in the final week of the celebration, large and the most elaborated parades take place. Apart from this, several other small and big events were organized all through New Orleans and nearby communities in the final week of the carnival festivity. In New Orleans, the parades are organized and carried out by Carnival krewes, who lob throws to the crowds, and the most common among them are the strings of multi-colored plastic beads, doubloons, small economical toys and the decorated plastic throw cups. The carnival was first originated in Europe and reached to France while passing through Rome and Venice in the 17th and 18th centuries. After that, early French colonizers brought Mardi Gras to New Orleans, Louisiana. Traditionally, it has been a part of the winter social season, but now it is celebrated with some variations. Apart from this, Purple, Green and Gold are the traditional colors of the carnival that were used by the Catholic Church all through the history. 

Every year, the carnival celebration starts on Twelfth Night by holding masked ball by one of the oldest Krewe of New Orleans. Additional to this, many of the oldest societies of the carnival (Independent Strikers' Society) also hold the masked balls. Selection of the king of the carnival, known as Rex, is also a popular tradition of Mardi Gras. The oldest carnival krewes are solely responsible for the selection of the king. Apart from Rex Election, Zulu parade is also the main parade of Mardi Gras carnival, which is a part of the social club parades. Besides street parades, costumes and masks are the major attractions of the carnival celebration. These costumes and masks are made and decorated with attractive and beautiful things, and natural feathers are one among them. 

Costumes and masks decorated with natural plumes make carnival celebration more attractive and fun-filled. Different types of plumes in varied sizes and colors are used to make these carnival costumes and masks. Some of the popularly used feathers are �" Ostrich, Pheasant, Cocktail, Saddle and Hackle. These feathers are available in different sizes, colors and varieties on various online stores, and Feather Treasures is one of the best and reliable stores among them. You can buy any of your preferred feathers from the site, as it provides wide range of plumes at affordable cost.

© 2015 Steve Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Bulk feathers? Isn't that a Marx Brothers movie?

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2015
Last Updated on February 12, 2015
Tags: buy feathers, buy feathers online