emergency room

emergency room

A Poem by stimey

insomnia
A.D.D.
B.D.D.
O.C.D.
restless leg syndrome,
the staggers,
the bends

intense paranoia
with agoraphobi-
a-cute hypochondriac
(slitting his wrists)

delusions of grandeur
(with missives in hand -
or in mouth, either one
is as equally thick)

ulcers and pantomime
heart-attack scare,
the weight of dried blood
in my hair,
on my fists,
in my head, it's all happening
right then and there,
am i mad..

or am i just alone,
making lists?

© 2012 stimey


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great write...The staccato feel to this adds to the almost panic-y feel...It feels like someones brain right on the edge of a mania, and unfortunately for them they're in an er room...I've always found A&E such an interesting place, I once sat inane for 2 1/2 hours for research purposes and it it's highly emotive and volatile, there's a lot of fear, a lot of pain and a lot of anger...I like the move from the third to last line and then the final two...it's both confused but also bitter and really gives the poem that knife sharp edge that it has...You're writing reminds me quite a lot of Richard Siken's, if you get the chance read anything from his collection 'Crush' I think perhaps you'd really enjoy it ! :) Well done this is a great poem and I will be back to review more !

Posted 11 Years Ago


I liked this a lot. An ER for the psyche, or as the commentor below put, the soul. Nice rhythm, and those last two lines tied it together perfect. Glad I read this.



Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
The inventory of what man brings upon himself is staggering and there should be an emergency room for the soul. You have captured the theme well and I enjoyed this greatly.

Posted 11 Years Ago


one thing i like about this is the separation....there is almost a third person feel until the end...then it is all about me...am i alone? or is that other personality, that other crazy self making me do this?

i have some of these...especially the restless leg syndrome...i also think i have restless mind syndrome...and it keeps me often from sleeping.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
5 Reviews
Added on October 28, 2012
Last Updated on October 28, 2012

Author

 stimey
stimey

About
if you want to know about me, read my writing. more..

Writing
centipede centipede

A Poem by stimey


dry weather dry weather

A Poem by stimey


stay stay

A Poem by stimey