Day Dreams of you

Day Dreams of you

A Poem by Stone Fox
"

To my great white buffalo. thanks for teaching me the hardest lesson of all: feeling are always fleeting. Still you took pieces of me.

"

I needed you to say something magically mind altering. Something that would knock me off course with very weak knees, leaving me lingering on your every word like an obtuse cobra swaying into a hypnotic trance.

I desired you to act out an expression of undying love in the deepest part of my heart. An act that not only could, but would start wars..

Blindly blazing a gravity defying love that not even the stars in the sky could deny! Immortalizing us as our hearts gave birth to a thundering new universe, marking the earth in remembrance of our declaration for any and all to see. Merging our souls so one will never be without the other, Even if later on it was something we both came to wish for.

I’m sorry, forgive me-

I have just come to realize what a hopeless romantic I truly am.   

Because I never heard those words made of magic that could have changed our destiny. So there was no magic spell that would make my knees go weak, and we never started our era of love, declaring a war on death. Meaning there was no mark to leave so we could remember our story, our fate.

Sadly I don’t think I will ever know what your undying love looks like.

So we will never get to have that moment that was meant to be only ours.
Our epic moment belonging to legends.

© 2015 Stone Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh....this bums me out. It's quite well done, don't get me wrong, but this made me feel as if I was peering into the head of someone I know.

Poems are meant to offer insight, challenge us, and make us rethink perspectives. To make us feel.
This one did that.
Thank you? This certainly bummed me out, but yes....
Thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh....this bums me out. It's quite well done, don't get me wrong, but this made me feel as if I was peering into the head of someone I know.

Poems are meant to offer insight, challenge us, and make us rethink perspectives. To make us feel.
This one did that.
Thank you? This certainly bummed me out, but yes....
Thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, I enjoyed every line. I sometimes forget war isn't all bad, thx for the reminder, great piece of work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 22, 2015
Last Updated on July 1, 2015
Tags: poetry, daydreams of you, start a war, love and war, all is fair in love and war, feeling are fleeting, i wsa

Author

Stone Fox
Stone Fox

Dallas, TX



About
A painter of words and collector of the rarest moments. more..

Writing
ALWAYS ALWAYS

A Poem by Stone Fox


Paranioa Paranioa

A Poem by Stone Fox