Cold Hearted Reflection

Cold Hearted Reflection

A Poem by Stone Fox

I DON’T INSIST ON SEEING WHO YOU REALLY ARE.

I PREFER YOUR HEATED MASKS OF DECEPTION SO MUCH MORE.

 

DOES ANYONE REALLY CARE WHY YOU EVEN DO IT?

NOPE JUST AS LONG AS YOU DO IT.

 

IS IT WRONG TO TAKE JOY IN WATCHING YOUR DEFENSE MECHANISMS IN ACTION?

 

YES I NOTICE THE GAME AND APPLAUD YOUR TRICKERY. 

YOU SHOULD STAY LOST AND HIDDEN. I DON’T WANT TO MISS YOUR PARADE OF CHARACTERS TRUE TO DECEIT.

 

YOU ARE FLUENT IN SUBJECT CHANGING AND HAVE EYES ALWAYS SEARCHING OFF IN THE DISTANCE.

IT IS A MAJESTIC SKILL MAKING OTHERS FEEL AS THOUGH YOU SEE RIGHT THROUGH THEM.

 

OH WHO HAS HURT YOU SO THAT YOU CANT EVEN COMMIT TO A CONVERSATION?

 

BUT I AM ALWAYS IMPRESSED AT HOW YOU SWITCH PERSONAS LIKE AN ARTFORM AND STAY UNTRAMPED BY ANY HUMAN EMOTION.

 

MY LOVELY COLD HEARTED REFLECTION. 


 

© 2015 Stone Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very clever, and artfully written. Looking in the mirror can be a painful experience, but it is important to try to see ourselves as others see us and whether we are being the best people we can be, or not. Very nicely written!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is technically a clever poem. By which I mean the clever technique is the last second reveal. I like that technique as much as I like Ray Bradbury and Rod Serling and I like them a lot. I don't much like self inflicted wounds. These slices and gashes make me uncomfortable. I am even more uncomfortable when presto! the provenance is presented and the source of the disclosures is unveiled as unimpeachable.

I don't think this poem has to impress me as angst, although it does, as written. Were the criticism tempered with perhaps levity or openly questioned as subject to debate the reveal might be more effective. I don't suggest tampering with the reveal; that would be killing one darling too many.

Posted 9 Years Ago


oh my! "Cold Hearted Reflection" flings my mind thoughts like a trebuchet .. always away from myself ;) then here you are making a self confession in such humility that i don't believe it could ever be about you!! so many fitting places to apply this gritty incisive piece :)) now put down the scalpel before you hurt yourself ;)
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

372 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2015
Last Updated on January 23, 2015
Tags: reflect, poetry, mask

Author

Stone Fox
Stone Fox

Dallas, TX



About
A painter of words and collector of the rarest moments. more..

Writing
ALWAYS ALWAYS

A Poem by Stone Fox


Paranioa Paranioa

A Poem by Stone Fox