The Big Circus Show In The Sky

The Big Circus Show In The Sky

A Story by KAREN
"

Collabroation with my sister imagination101

"

     This week at Millie's school was circus week.  The circus was her favorite place to go.  Her Mommy and Daddy took her each year.  Millie liked the trapeze act, and the clowns.  She walked into her room at school.  Her eyes widen in surprise.  The room looked like one big circus tent.

     "Wow!" She exclaimed.

     On the walls were pictures of elephants, lions, ringmaters and clowns.  This was going to be a fun week.  Mrs. Lee, her teacher called the class to their seats.  Millie was too busy looking at the walls  that she didn't hear Mrs. Lee.  She was pretending that she was at a real live circus watching all the silly clowns.  Millie giggled.

     "Millie, please take your seat," Mrs. Lee said.

     Millie looked around and realized she was the only one left standing.  Her face felt warm as she walked to her seat.  Millie couldn't wait to go play with all the circus toys.  She hoped she could go to the dress up area first.  Mrs. Lee had all kinds of circus costumes.  Millie wanted to dress up like a clown first.

     She tried to listen as Mrs. Lee talked, but the white fluffy clouds caught her attention.  Millie's eyes grew wide.  The clouds seemed to be bouncing around as if they were alive.  She smiled as excitement bubbled inside her.

     "Millie, you may go to the dress up area," Mrs. Lee told her.

     "Oh boy!" She yelled.  Millie forgot all about the white fluffy clouds.  She ran to the dress up area and began pulling out wigs of all colors.

     "Look at me, Millie," said Cady.

     Millie looked at Cady, she was dressed in a polka dot clown suit.  She had an orange wig on and a huge red nose on her face.  Millie jumped up and down with excitement.  Millie put on a red wig and an orange nose.  She looked at herself in the mirror.

     "Look at me!" Millie yelled.  Everyone looked at her.  "I'm a real clown!" She shouted.

     Millie and Johnny found a pair of clown shoes.  They both grabbed them at the same time.  There wasn't another pair and they both wanted to wear them.

     Millie looked at Johnny, he was about to cry.  "You can wear them first," she told him.  "I'll tie these colored scarves around my shoes." And that's what she did.

     "Cool shoes," said Tina to Millie.

     "Thank you."

     "Want to trade now?" Asked Johnny.

     Millie took a deep breath.  "Sure."  Then, she ran to the window to look at the white fluffy clouds once again.  "Look everyone," Millie said excitedly.  "Do you see?" She asked.  "Look at the clouds!"

     Mrs. Lee followed the children outside.  "Now what do you see? She asked.

     Millie laid down on her back, so did the other children.  "A lion," she said, pointing to the clouds.

     "A cannon!" Yelled Tom.

     "Balloons of all colors," Tina said.

     "I see circus shoes for everyone!" Johnny yelled.

     Everyone laughed as they gazed up at the big circus show in the sky.

 

 

 

       Also Written BY:

          Imagination101

 

        Karen and Kathy Sills

© 2012 KAREN


Author's Note

KAREN
Written for the group World of 500. Tell us what you think!
Had to write about fluffy clouds.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a wonderful write about clouds and children's imaginations. I still love to look at the clouds and find shapes in them. The characters really come to life in this story and I can see the children running around the room with excitement as they play dress up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A great imagination...such a warm story...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aww beautiful array of creations :) i am always so scared of clowns, still am and im 15 !! this is a creative and inspirational piece, i loved looking at the sky and spotting what obstacles lay in the sky.. :)
Beth :3

Posted 12 Years Ago


Really fun children's story!
Pleasant to read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this could be an excellent children's book.....lots of possibilities here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lovely write:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love when writers collarborate because it always makes the piece that much more special. Amazing Amazing... Amazing!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Brilliant write! The imagination of a child is the purest of them all. Very descriptively written that made the kids actually pop out in front me!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice collaboration! Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Do you know how much I love the circus? Because, I REALLY LOVE THE CIRCUS! This was an adorable short story! I wish my old elementary class was that cool....

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
NA
Really portrays the imagination that we all seem to lose as we grow up so well, I love it. A smooth and clever piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1139 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 5, 2012
Tags: Tent, Clown, Lion, Show

Author

KAREN
KAREN

Harrisville, MS



About
I love to write and cook! Me and my sister will soon be the author of a children's book titled Feelings Feelings Feelings, and a cookbook in the near future titled Two Heads In The Kitchen. I e.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Deeper Deeper

A Poem by Robin


Sub Rosa Sub Rosa

A Poem by Robin