In The Quiet Of Your Arms

In The Quiet Of Your Arms

A Poem by KAREN

 

    In the quiet of your arms the world didn't exist, whistling of the wind only added a romantic melody in the air.  During these moments nothing never mattered but the two of us lying wrapped in silk sheets lost in thoughts of bliss.  My heart indited memories as if written in poetic beats.  In the quiet of your arms sounds seemed far away, lips poured out romance, and breathless moans kept us company.  Every touch of your hands awakened my body, the yearning went deep into the depth of my soul. 

     We thought we would always be together, but now I lie alone, wanting to feel you next to me.  I close my eyes and I feel the quiet I used to feel when I was in your arms.  Dreams keep me hanging on.  you'll come back, and in the darkness of this room, the glow of the moon will give away of what we used to have.  Two lovers in the quiet  of each others arms. 

© 2012 KAREN


Author's Note

KAREN
Tell me what you think! I tried something new, prose poem, maybe it is maybe not, but I tried.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think this is terrific. It is so beautifully written and expressed and I believe every word...so heartfelt and ethereal. I liked the prose style of this as it flowed easily and smoothly.
That being said storiestotell... and I know all about poetic license, some of your grammatical errors hurt the rhythm, because I had to reread lines for them to make sense. "Them moments", "nothing never" should be rewritten and corrected in my opinion. I don't like to rewrite another's work, however,
During those moments, nothing ever mattered....seems to sound better.
also, I'm not sure what "indited memories" means. I loved the last lines but I would lose the "of" and make it three sentences. Listen:
Dreams keep me hanging. Maybe you'll come back, and in the darkness of this room, the glow of the the moon will give away what we used to have. Two lovers in the quiet of each others' arms.
Your poetic skills are wonderful as is this write stt...but some of those "minor" issues take away from the poem, for me. I hope you take these comments in the light they were intended. Keep writing. They are great and I enjoy your work immensely.
allen

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love this poem! its tender, full with romantic and sensual! also give me feeling of comfort and harmony, which everyone needs for love...and desire too...
~nia~

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
Nicely written...romantic...emotive


Maybe it is...lol

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very deep, romantic prose poetry. Great job with this piece; I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sometimes prose is to be considered more emotional and well descriptive.. and possibly better than a regualarly written poem. no need to worry about stanzas and placing of lines.

Nicely done. I loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

903 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 22, 2012
Last Updated on March 26, 2012
Tags: Arms, Love, Quiet, Peace

Author

KAREN
KAREN

Harrisville, MS



About
I love to write and cook! Me and my sister will soon be the author of a children's book titled Feelings Feelings Feelings, and a cookbook in the near future titled Two Heads In The Kitchen. I e.. more..

Writing