her.

her.

A Poem by athenaevergreen
"

a poem about a girl i had fallen in love with when she wasn't sure she could ever love me the same.

"

I'm falling in love with her more than i ever planned too, and it's making me insane.


I never planned on falling in love since no one is ever serious at the simple age of seventeen, or that's what they say.


I've told her i was falling in love multiple times but she never said it back. Her astrological sign she was terrified of commitment, when i asked her if that was true she laughed and told me to not believe it that it was all silly, i scratched the back of my head and laughed. She didn't know i believed in astrology.


I left her once, thing is no matter how many i love yous we shared she wasn't hurt at all by the gesture when it was eating me alive.


She had a thing of asking me if i ever wrote poems about her and i would always say i never really had the time, reality is that i never knew how to express my loving towards her in just some words scrambled onto paper explaining how beautiful her mind was.


Up to this day i have no idea of how my lover looks like, some may say it's a bit weird but i say it's majestic. Makes me feel like i'm in the twentieth century writing to a stranger but somehow falling in love with the idea of whom this person may be.


Shes young and so fucken naive. There's not many songs written about being that specific age but i swear i could write her a entire record.


Her hopes are so high but her mood is to low.


I want her to love herself as much as i love her. I want her to learn she doesn't need me or no one to make her feel whole. I want her to be okay if she ends up leaving.

Falling in love with her is a inconclusive experience and i'm so interested of what there is to come our way. Her way.


Shes young and has an open mind.


I want to make love to her. I want her to feel what i feel every time her name crosses my mind, or feel how i felt when i drank a full cup of wine after our first fight, feel dizzy but in love all at once. I want to hold her hand and kiss her neck, make her feel wanted and loved because she deserves that and so much more.


I want us to live in paris, wake up next to her naked body against mine. Whisper sweet nothings on her lips right before i go down on her. I want to kiss every inch of skin and remind her how lucky i am to be by her side.


Im full of “i wants” when she's full of “what ifs”.


I'm in love with someone who accepts the love they think they deserve.


Maybe she doesn't say she's in love with me back because she thinks i'm the naive one, or maybe because i like the idea of falling in love. Whatever it is i hope she knows when she ends up reading this that i am truly, madly, deeply in love with her, and it doesn't matter how much time it takes for her to say it back because i'll still be here. Even if that means waiting for an eternity.

© 2016 athenaevergreen


Author's Note

athenaevergreen
let me know your thoughts x

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i really like this poem, i really could relate to it.

im happy to be the first to review, you're great!

I'm new on here, so it would be an honour if you could review some of my poems!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Added on September 14, 2016
Last Updated on September 15, 2016
Tags: #poetry #poem

Author

athenaevergreen
athenaevergreen

san diego, CA



About
i like writing poetry and honestly i dont even know what else to say. more..

Writing