Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Be-Ending

The Be-Ending

A Poem by Olando Lucas

The be-ending

I can feel it; the sensation of life is vibrating through my body, in route to be metabolized by my inner being, only to be used as the foundation to produce the essences of my well-being. 
Although it seems to be an everlasting darkness outside of my soul, my eyes still see that the rain has only diluted the concentration of my spiritual life form that only eyes that are not pure could see. 
On this day, I refuse to miss my ride alongside this beautiful woman name Destiny. To be honest, dreaming of her standing by my side has brought out the best in me.
I hope that my theological girlfriend will not be the death of me, because the Lord knows my kids mother would kill me even if Jaiden was in the backseat of her ride while entrenched in a deep sleep, but then he open his eyes and for a temporary moment he got a glimpse of my new lady while I ride shotgun with my hands gently placed on her thighs.
Oh, but this time, I must take that ride because I'm tired of freezing my a*s off just to survive, this life where I did everything I'm supposed to do and even did things I thought I was told to do. Now is that time to do the things I was chosen to do.
So I hope the world is ready, because I’m trying to spark change before the day of Armageddon. You People have never seen an educated black man whose life has made his heart this heavy.
My focus is my goal which is not meant to break you; my words will awaken you from the depths of this sleep where your life has taken you. I will speak truth to life like God saying “my child I have not forsaken you.” 
My goals are never-ending, so I say look how far my perseverance has taken me and realize that this is only the start of this journey. 
I have and will travel the back roads alone, without a piece attach to my hip for reasons that only God knows. Within my mind, I have a set goal---to break that stereotype that is thrown at me by all the holy ones, which have loose lips. 
I know it scares the life from your body to see me standing right here, right next to you, and guess what I have no fear of what you will do. 
My text messages read, “I feel my blessing transformation taking place inside of me.”  I know that this generational curse will end with me here today. 
So don't pity me, hell no, look at me. I'm the opposite of death I am the manifestation of “self.” So today I am refreshed to be honest, I'm all of me. I have pieced back together the broken parts that were left after being tortured by me.   
Now let me just end this by saying after all I been through would you expect anything less. This Chapter has ended; this book has closed, so for now I’m complete; I guess I am, but this is me, so you never will know.  

© 2015 Olando Lucas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015