The Birthday Party

The Birthday Party

A Story by L.A.
"

A small summary of a scene from my friend's birthday party.

"
      There's something indescribably amazing about sitting on the front porch steps of your bff's house, wearing short-shorts and casually sipping on your 2nd--or was it 3rd?--can of Mountain Dew, with your bff to your right, and to her right is your former crush from 5th grade--who you still kind of like, but he likes your best friend now. Next to him is your bff's old ex with his best friend. The two of them are goofing off with their cake and ice cream and are messing around with some small, flimsy, rubber basketballs. To your left is some grass--the greenest you'll ever see in your life--and then a small kiddy mini-playground with a slide attached. Perched on top of the slide is one of your other best friends, and next to her is a very good friend of your bff. The two of them are sharing an iPod touch, with only one hot pink earbud in one ear per person. After them, there's a group of three girls--acquaintances from school--who are tickling each other and knocking over their cans of Mountain Dew and Rootbeer and giggling. There's also two girls missing--you know they're inside--but at the moment, their names have slipped your mind. There's a soft night breeze blowing your hair back, and it feels perfect after a hot hour or two in the sun.

© 2010 L.A.


Author's Note

L.A.
Really short, and I wrote this awhile ago, but I'm just posting it now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I lkike it, i can picture the scene. great write! ^^ and btw, i love mouthain dew! Randome fact i know!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This makes me smile so much.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It sounds to me like a good beginning of a longer story. Perhaps at a later date you will tell us what happened at the party and even afterwards.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Where was I in this scene?
Wasn't I sitting next to you when this happened? D:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

All though it's short, i really liked it. You can tell that the characters are enjoying themselves.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2010
Last Updated on July 7, 2010

Author

L.A.
L.A.

IL



About
Hopefully a better person than I used to be. I don't write nearly as often as I should, but I'll try to post when I can. UPDATE: A lot of this writing is now outdated. Proceed at your own risk.. more..

Writing
My Beatrice My Beatrice

A Poem by L.A.


Alfonso Alfonso

A Poem by L.A.


2 AM 2 AM

A Poem by L.A.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..