Status Quo

Status Quo

A Poem by Kara Hadley
"

based on the status updates format on facebook. -enjoy-

"

 

Kara Hadley feels more human than ever before, being crushed under the awesome weight of her responsibilities and mistakes. The weight so great her hands fell from the wheel and she cried softly as the tires pointed straight on a curving road. No longer are her small victories enough to propel her forward. She turned the wheel, though, and followed the white and yellow lines because, well, she doesn’t know how to stop. She’s held captive by the inertia that started her forward a long time ago. She will continue to put one foot in front of the other, slower than before, but forward moving, in the hope that she will regain the fire and the will that once took the place of the passive inertia.
 
“Everyone cried on the day she died because no one remembered her laugh.”

© 2008 Kara Hadley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow. very well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 13, 2008

Author

Kara Hadley
Kara Hadley

About
i'm kara. i'm short. i like to bake. i love music. i'm a little skanky. people say i'm funny. i have blonde hair. spelling isn't my forte. i have big teeth. i have bigger dreams. i'm a little superfic.. more..

Writing
F**k F**k

A Story by Kara Hadley


Bridge Bridge

A Poem by Kara Hadley