Dock

Dock

A Story by Kara Hadley
"

this was an assigmnment for class. 55 words or less. i think mine is 54. -enjoy-

"

 

They lay panting naked on the dock. It was pitch black and the bullfrogs were chirping. A cool breeze blew which made her shiver. He wrapped his arms tighter around her small body. She could get lost in his arms, which is exactly what she wanted. “I love you,” he whispered. She remained silent.

© 2008 Kara Hadley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I remember this one. I read the one I did. You read yours. I got quiet because, it was, and still is, a gorgeous piece of writing.

Posted 17 Years Ago


You did an awesome job on the detail. I liked how you managed to have an entire story with just a few lines. It leaves so much room for interpertation and leaves the reader guessing. Excellent job!

Posted 17 Years Ago


54 words. not one wasted. ::success!!:: d.

Posted 17 Years Ago


this was a beautiful half glmpse of a scene. i agree with christopher, there is so much left to be filled in, and it still seems complete to me.

Posted 17 Years Ago


I actually like this very much. Without going into heavy detail, you tell a wide story that the reader has to fill in for him/herself. I know sometimes people use those "55 words or less" things to essentially tells punchlines to jokes, but I like how you used the format.

Posted 17 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2008

Author

Kara Hadley
Kara Hadley

About
i'm kara. i'm short. i like to bake. i love music. i'm a little skanky. people say i'm funny. i have blonde hair. spelling isn't my forte. i have big teeth. i have bigger dreams. i'm a little superfic.. more..

Writing
F**k F**k

A Story by Kara Hadley


Bridge Bridge

A Poem by Kara Hadley



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..