Blood Halo

Blood Halo

A Story by Sugar Pink Ink
"

It is about a character named Michael who has inherited the power of immortality from his father. He hunts demons, and one day runs into a past love. But something seems different about her....

"

 “Whoever shall shed the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed…” Genesis 9:6

That man…is I. My name is Michael Michelle, and every since I can remember my life has been hell. Before my parents passed away, my father bestowed upon me a gift. This gift was immortality. Being able to do whatever I wanted was not even the way it was. I was to shed the blood of sinful man. Doing so would not be easy. For there was hatred in my heart, and revenge in my blood. Could I really diminish my feelings of sin or be devoured by that in which I hunt? It was 1:37 am... The snow was falling quietly as the streets kept a silent chill. I heard the voice of the wind guiding me to the alleys of Stonewalk Street. As I turned the corner something beautiful caught my eye. It was she. The young lady in which I met that night. But something was different about her. She didn’t have the same glow as before, neither did she obtain the fluorescent beauty that I saw. Could she really be her? Should I care? It didn’t matter anymore for that split second she glanced at me with the same beauty that I saw before. She’s hurt! She needs my help. I rescued her from that in which she was imprisoned. No more was the evil entity there. She was safe.

 

“Could I ask your name?” she called out to me.

 

I sighed and turned away from her,” You do not need to know.” I know it was a harsh thing that I have done, but it was for her safety.

 

“Should I tell you mine then?” she whispered. As the words freed from her mouth, I melted. “If that is what you desire,” I responded with a gulp. She stood up slowly as her long, golden hair shimmered in the dimmed streetlight. “It is Saraia,” she smiled. I dear not stay any longer, for I would have fallen in love with her. “Don’t go?” she pleaded. I couldn’t bear to watch her anymore, so with a step, I turned to walk away. “Please?” she spoke softly as before. My heart ached with the pain of leaving her, but I could not put her in danger.

 

So I told her,” For I do not want to hurt you so. I must leave.” As I started to walk away, she came up to me.

 

“Please?” she cried as she took my hand into hers. My heart melted with the warmth of her hand upon mine. I dared not to turn around to her for I would have not known what to say. “Take me with you?” she whispered into my ear. 

 

 

She had come with me upon my journeys. I could not force her to stay behind. I guess it was meant to be, for I was immortal only when she was with me. I have gotten news that a man was loose upon the city murdering anyone who got in his way. I had to find out where he was before anymore of man got killed. I started my usual meditation in front of parents’ photo. I can see him. Killing. Running. Crying. For what I saw was not a man of himself, but a man of his demons.

 

“Have you found him yet?” she whispered to me form along side me. I could not answer her, for my mouth was at a freeze. I quickly snapped out of meditation when I saw him slaughter a baby and his mother. She stared at me with concern for the blood of hatred fill my eyes. “Do not kill him,” she whispered to me as I headed for the door. I did not care for her words with my vengeful heart. “You will lose your powers if this man is killed,” she whispered and stopped my heartbeat.

 

“Why?” I asked with my only breath.

 

She smiled at me with love in her eyes,” for it is not him whom is killing.” I waited for more words from her mouth, but I was disappointed.

 

So with those words, I left to find him. I knew it would be wrong to kill him says my mind, but my heart thinks otherwise. Could I possibly lose my powers that I have bestowed upon me? Or is she just trying to soften my lust for revenge? I tried to picture my mother’s face at that last moment in her life, but someone was blocking it. Is she who is my beloved doing this? Or am I just going mad?

 

I have finally found the man lying upon an old stack of wood. “Get up you treacherous dog!” I quickly demanded with my sword of blood pierced into his face.

 

“For I cannot do as you requested,” the man spoke to me. My eyes flamed with annoyance as I repeated myself. Still the man did not move. Instead, he looked up at the sky and pointed.

 

“Are you mad?!” I shouted at him.

 

“Look,” he told me with a tear fluttering in his eye. I dared not ask why he was crying; I only looked up at the sky. “Do you see them?” he asked me with a smile.

 

 “See who?” I asked generously as my sword began to lower towards the ground.

 

“The people with whom I slaughtered,” the man kindly responded. My eyes grew wide with disgust and astonishment. For I could say anything, but yet a small sigh spreaded throughout my face. “I know I killed them, yet they smile down at me. Do you know why?” he asked me as he glanced my way.

 

“I do not,” I answered him.

 

He showed me a kind smile, of one my mother used to give, “They say that I am their savior.”

 

“That’s impossible!” I yelled at the man’s foolish remark.

 

“Is it now? Or do you just believe that God is the only savior?” A sudden look of shame came upon my face letting the man know of my answer. “Ah, I see. So if God is the only savior, then why did he grant Moses such powers to save his people?” he asked in curiosity. I did not know what to say to this strange person for his questions of purity have left me dumbfounded. “You need not answer me son,” he told me when he noticed that I was suddenly without words.

 

“But,” I could not say anymore.

 

“Aren’t you going to exorcise me now?” he spoke to me.

 

“I can’t,” I kindly responded as I put my sword away.

 

“Hmm,” he sighed with disappointment.

 

“Should I kill you?” I asked.

 

He smiled at me,” Did she not tell you not to?”

 

 I gasped at the man’s question,” How do you know of that?”

 

He smiled,” for she is my savior.” 

 

 

I left the man alone there in the wood. I could not put together the happenings of that time. Could he really be my undoing? Is she really who I think she is? Was that man correct in all his speakings? Although I did not kill him, I asked him why he killed those of man? They were suffering, and called out to me for freedom from their sins and illness. These words were all I heard of him.

 

I returned to my place of refuge as the day started to fade. “Did you not kill him then?” she asked as I entered the door.

 

 “No,” I whispered as I shut the door behind me.

 

“Then you listened to me?” she smiled.

 

 I glanced at her face and threw my coat onto the couch, “Yes.”

 

She stood up and walked over to me,” Why?”

 

I sat down on the golden chairs of my kitchen table,” For I do not know.”

 

She bent down and softly kissed me on my forehead,” Sweet.”

 

I looked up at her with confusion,” For why should I have not killed him?”

 

She smiled as her hair glistened gold in the kitchen’s light,” For I should be the one to free him.” I did not care to know why. I watched her dance across the room as her shimmering, lacy gown flowed with every footstep. Her pale skin sparkled as she twirled her arms high in the air. I could have run into her arms and made love to her then, but my body was mesmerized at every glance. What was this spell she had cast upon me? Is it love? Or is it witchcraft? Suddenly she stopped as her gown flowed towards the ground.

 

“Why did you stop?” I asked foolishly. She smiled and held out her arms to me. I dared not go into her arms for I would have done something forbidden to this woman.

 

 “Come,” she smiled at me with the same beauty as before.

 

“I dare not my lady, for I would not want to cast sin upon such a beautiful specimen,” I kindly declined.

 

“Don’t act foolish, for I know you would not cast upon me anything I decline to,” she whispered softly. I could not refuse her anymore for she was the object of perfect. For her to know my every weakness, my every desire, my every wish, my every fantasy as if she was reading my mind itself. I glided into her arms as she wrapped them around my body. I sensed a lovely fragrance of lilac and jasmine flowers from the nape of her neck. She let out a small sigh as she pulled in closer to me. My hand slowly glided up the back of her neck and into her hair as I dipped her after a swing. We danced around the room as if we were in a ballroom itself. “Do you desire to have me?” she asked from the silence.

 

“I do not know.” I responded as I twirled her outward and back into my arms.

 

“I desire you, Michael,” she told me as she stopped dancing.

 

 I glanced down at her smiling face,” Do you wish to have me forever?”

 

She giggled and spun around the room away from me,” for eternity my love!”  I was happy to see that she was truly in love with me as I was in love with her.

 

When I tried to sleep that night, I dreamt of horrible things. A woman who could commit such appalling crimes against her husband was for the damnation. Even if I should let this woman live, then I would have to release the other million souls for the same crime. Does she know that this is wrong? Could she have prevented it if she could? He has committed many sins but none of which deserves death.

 

“She must be punished for her sin against man. She bled the blood of her husband,” my love spoken to me.

 

 “Why must I punish her for this sin, but not her husband for his sins?” I calmly spoke these words.

 

“For she shed blood and he did not,” she responded with anger.

 

“Why does one care so much for punishing her for bleeding her cheating husband?” I asked in concernment.

 

“For she is of sin and sin shall be punished. Period,” she told me. I stood up and leaned against her body. She was cold as ice and darkened by this woman’s thought.

 

“Do you fear that if she lives, she would do this again?” I kissed her sweet skin above the shoulder.

 

She slowly leaned away from me as words of hatred flowed from her mouth,” I want her punished for her sins.” I suddenly did not know the woman that was in front of me. For she was dark, lonely, and suddenly frozen in time.

 

 “Do you wish that truly?” I whispered.

 

 “Yes,” she spoke the words I dared not to hear.

 

“I’m leaving now,” I closed myself from her touch.

 

 She spun around as the morning sun hit her hair and shone its true beauty, “Punish her for me?”

 

I could not look at her with such filthy words coming from her mouth, “No.”

 

“Why?” she whispered as she flowed over to me.

 

“I did you one favor before and now I dare not to do another, “I flared.

 

She stopped in tracks before approaching me,” How so?”

 

I walked towards her with anger in my eyes and thunder in my footsteps,” For why ask me not to kill a man whom has killed thousands, but to kill a woman who is just?!”

 

She frowned at me with a childish pout,” For he was in the right and she was not?”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked solemnly.

 

“For her husband has not committed any adultery,” she explained, “it was just an assumption.”

 

“For if that is so, then why does my heart say different?” I shouted.

 

“Your heart was wrong about the man as well,” she reminded me. I answered not back at her, but walk out of the door instead.

 

 

Could she have been right? I do not trust her as much anymore. She does not make sense to my heart, even though I love her so. I know my heart isn’t always right, but this time I feel wrong. 

 

 I did not listen to my love that time as I went to find the woman. When we met she had a lovely glow in her eyes as if to tell my heart that I was right. “So these are this is the proof of his adultery?” I asked the woman as she showed me some photos.

 

 “Yes,” she answered softly,” I did not want to kill him, but my heart refused to go easy.” I understood what she had done. I could not bear to kill this woman. “Are you here to kill me?” she asked.

 

“Why do you think of me like that?” I said shockingly.

 

“For you carry the symbol of righteousness upon your garment,” she smiled and pointed to my family crest upon my coat. I laughed as she giggled at me.

 

“I know that you could not stop yourself from punishing him for his sin. So with this I shall leave you,” I told her with a smile.

 

She smiled back at me,” You are just like your father.”

 

 My heart skipped a beat as I heard those words,” You know of my father?”

 

 “Yes,” she giggled,” he was a fine man with a heart of gold. His only wish was for you to have a heart of gold as well. Now I know he is very happy.” I did not know what to say to these kind words from this lady. “You do not need to say anything. Just take this as a gift of my gratitude,” she told me as she handed me a locket with a golden chain.

 

“But I could not take this from you,” I demanded with a smile.

 

 “Do not be silly. For it is a gift,” she smiled back.

 

Are you really the one which whom I love? Maybe I am just starting to lose my mind.

 

I returned home with the thought still rambling inside my head. “She isn’t dead is she?” my fair maiden asked me as she cut her eyes upon me.

 

“No,” I kindly spoke.

 

She stomped over to my side with a despiteful hate to her eyes,” Why not?!”

 

 I looked over to her and smiled,” She gave me this.” I held up the present from the lady as my fair lady’s face turned from sour to cold.

 

“But…Why would you..?” she stumbled upon her words.

 

“For I could not refuse such a lovely gift, “I answered through her frustration. She raised her hand as if to slap me.

 

“How sweet,” she smiled with a lowered hand.

 

“Really? I thought so too!” I kindly played along. We laughed for a few seconds before she had turned away from me.

 

“I’ll fix you,” she murmured under her breath.

 

 “What was that?” I asked as she paused in the doorway.

 

 She turned and smiled at me,” Nothing.” I knew something was wrong with her from the little childish show she had just put on. Something must have had happened when I left her the first time. I know something was wrong when she didn’t have the same glow as before. But the question I asked myself was, “Is she my strength or my weakness?”


 


I did stay there for the night as I was needed elsewhere. A small village up north known as Headerson needed my assistant to be rid of a demon. I arrived in the tiny town around 3 that morning. It was barren. Cold. Silent. I traveled around a bit before I finally met a small old lady. She allowed me to stay the night at her small inn. I offered to pay her but she took no payment for my generosity of exorcising their demon. She spoke of sudden murders that had occurred there lately. I asked her if she had any idea of who might be committing such horrible crimes.  She told me of a new visitor that had arrived a few days before I. He apparently had started the chain of murders upon his arrival. “Where can I find this man?” I asked her as I headed for the door.

 

“He lives on the other end of the town in a raggedy shed,” she kindly responded.

 



So with her words I headed for the shed. As I began to walk down the street, I had noticed that the town people were gathering for a town meeting near the old chapel.  I stopped my pursuit for the man as I attended the meeting.

 

 “We can’t go on not knowing when the next person will be killed!” a young lady shouted out from the crowd. 

 

 “Yeah! I can’t even let my children out to play!” a man shouted as well. The crowd started to get rowdy as people complained about the suspected demon.

 


“They are just scared of everything,” a young woman spoke to me from beside of me.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked.

 

“It’s the first time that anything like this had happened so they think it’s the work of evil,” she responded.

 

 “What do you think it is?” I asked her.

 

“It is just a sinful man committing murders,” she smiled up at me.

 

“Why do you smile with those words?” I asked.

 

“For I do not fear the man,” she kindly answered. 

 

 I smiled down at her, “Brave woman.” She giggled at my kind remark. 



 

 

The woman made perfect sense as I thought more about it. I did not stay any longer at the meeting for I was now angry at the man in the shed. As I was walking towards the shed, I got a glimpse of someone running behind the houses. I quickly pursued the person for I assumed that he must have been the killer or demon. “Hold it!” I shouted at him. He looked back with an intensity to his eyes, but he did not stop. I quickly became angered by his refusal. I dashed after the man behind a few houses before I got fed up. I tossed my dagger at a stack of barrels that lay behind the bakery. The man shouted as he was consumed by the barrels. I walked over to him as I drew my sword.

 

“Please, don’t kill me!” the man cried out to me.

 

I was appalled at the idea of him even asking that of me, ”Why not?”

 

“It wasn’t me!” he cried as he pushed the barrels off of him.

 

I did not lower my sword, instead followed his every move, “Why do you speak of such stupidity? You clearly have the stench of blood upon you!”  The man tossed some dust upon my face as he made a run for it. By then I was consumed by hatred and anger, so I tossed my sword upon the man. Catching him in the back just adjacent to his heart. He fell. Covered in his own blood.  I walked over to him and pulled out my sword as I turned him over to face me. What’s this! The man was not a man at all. Instead, he was a woman! “What kind of sorcery is this!” I asked madly.

 

 “He is the killer!” a woman shouted at me.

 

 “Get him!” the major shouted at his people and they chased me with their pitchforks and weapons. I ran down through the town streets towards the old shed at the end of the town.

 

 “Stop it! I am no demon!” I turned around to plead to the townspeople.

 

“Liar!!!” an old man shouted. “You killed that innocent woman!!” another shouted.

 

 “I did no such thing! That was the face of a demon!” I explained my actions.

 

“He is telling the truth!” the kind woman that I had spoken to earlier tried to plead for my life.“

 

 “Shut up!” a man threw a stone at the woman. She fell to the ground with blood in her hands.

 

My heart suddenly skipped a beat. Another.  “Stop it!” I shouted at the people who threw their weapons at me trying to slay me. “Stop it!” I shouted once more but the people refused to listen. My heart suddenly stopped. Stopped.


 


I walked away from that town as it burned in the distant horizon behind of me. I do not know of what had happened. For now. I do not care.

 

I had returned home the next night. “Are you okay my love?” my fair maiden asked of me as I entered my home. I did not answer her instead walked over to the freezer and pulled out me a drink. “I asked you a question?” she spoke to me once again.

 

“You tried to fool me,” I whispered.

 

“Fool you?” she giggled. “The man in the village.

 

“The woman was kind enough to show me,” I told her as I took a sip of my drink.

 

“A woman? You couldn’t have?” she suddenly turned cold.

 

 “Do you think so low of me now, my love?” I asked her still not facing her.

 

“ You slept with that woman!” she screamed at me.

 

 “I did no such thing!” I shouted as I threw my drink into her face. Scarred and revealed.

 

“How could you?!” she shrieked at me with her face into her hands covered in black blood.

 

 “How dare you? You succubus!” I shouted at her as drew my sword.

 

Her voice calmed as she stared at me,” I am no such succubus. How dare you say that I am of evil?”

 

 “Easily,” I told her as I sliced at her body. She screamed in pain the cut deepened into her flesh.

 

 “I tried to save you, you fool!” she glared at me.

 

“You mean save yourself. For a succubus can not sustain life on Earth unless she has a slave to keep her here,” I raised my sword to her throat.

 

“You know nothing about me!” she shouted in anger as strong winds covered the floors of my home.

 

“The woman was an angel. Sent to warn me of your hateful love and vengeful heart,” I told her,” She revealed to me your past. I am sorry that I left you alone.”

 

She started to cry, “How could you? I needed you. I loved you.” I wasn’t swayed by her sweet words for it didn’t matter. She was still an enemy. A demon. “I’m sorry,” she fell to her knees, “I just wanted to be with you.” I walked up to her with my sword pierced into her head. “Please free me of the torment?” she begged me as she looked up at me tearful. For that single moment, she was that woman that I had left long ago.

 

“Go home,” I told her as my sword commanded her life.

 

© 2008 Sugar Pink Ink


Author's Note

Sugar Pink Ink
I have redone it. Hope it suits you fine readers....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have a flare for language. Like this part here:

I can see him. Killing. Running. Crying. For what I saw was not a man of himself, but a man of his demons.

That is just beautifully written. I don't usually like hunter type characters. I can't relate to them. But I really did like yours. Even though he was off killing the bad guys there seemed to be some empathy in him. For a moment, at the end I thought he was going to let the demon go.

Now I must address your formatting young lady. You have the paragraphs that refuse to end. Do you realize that you have a paragraph that would span two pages if this story was published as is? But that's an easy enough problem to fix. The first thing you need to do is look at your dialogue. Two people should never be speaking in the same paragraph. When you see someone else is talking, start a new paragraph.

But overall it was a good job and I really liked the story.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You have a flare for language. Like this part here:

I can see him. Killing. Running. Crying. For what I saw was not a man of himself, but a man of his demons.

That is just beautifully written. I don't usually like hunter type characters. I can't relate to them. But I really did like yours. Even though he was off killing the bad guys there seemed to be some empathy in him. For a moment, at the end I thought he was going to let the demon go.

Now I must address your formatting young lady. You have the paragraphs that refuse to end. Do you realize that you have a paragraph that would span two pages if this story was published as is? But that's an easy enough problem to fix. The first thing you need to do is look at your dialogue. Two people should never be speaking in the same paragraph. When you see someone else is talking, start a new paragraph.

But overall it was a good job and I really liked the story.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on April 18, 2008

Author

Sugar Pink Ink
Sugar Pink Ink

Martinsville, VA



About
About me....well......I am a very generous person who loves to give and give. I tend to be shy and quiet at times, but mostly I like to have fun. I love playing video games, mostly Mario games ad Resi.. more..

Writing