Fields of Lavender

Fields of Lavender

A Story by Summer Grace
"

400 word flash fiction

"

The sky was pale purple. That is, it was lavender. The fields were lavender too. She was with her lover, wandering in the fields of lavender, near the sea. The sea was lavender. The whole world was lavender. She was smiling, and holding his hand. She was young, and happy. It was a dreamy landscape. 

The sun was rising in the lavender sky as Tiffany slept on. It was dawn, and she was dreaming. She was dreaming of fields of lavender. Outside her window was a busy city, and it was winter. Only the sky was lavender. Tiffany woke up, and looked around at the dark room, with the curtains drawn. She was surprised not to see fields of lavender. Then she realized it had been a dream. Her real life, her lonely life awaited. Maybe the sky is lavender, she thought. But when she opened the curtains, the lavender had faded to gray. Though she was so young, that seemed that seemed true of her life, too. Only her sky had never been lavender. It had always been gray.

The fields of lavender stretched on. The sea could be heard in the background, as the field of lavender flowers stretched down to the sand. Tiffany looked at the dusk. It was lavender everywhere, with shades of pink. The dusk made the sea and sky look lavender.  Only this time, it wasn't a dream. It was real. Tiffany's lover looked at her. Her gray eyes were faraway blending into the faraway horizon, which was lavender, with a touch of gray.

My dream came true, Tiffany thought. Alex didn't know what she was thinking. Sometimes she seemed so faraway. Of course, she had come from faraway to be with him. But, until this moment, Tiffany had not realized that the image she had seen in her dream a few years before had come true. It was literally, exactly, what she had seen. Dreams do come true, Tiffany thought.

© 2012 Summer Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed the strong emphasis of nature in your story. It lends to a broad landscape prompting visual and artistic freedom. Dreams coming true always equals happiness. Looking forward to reading more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes,dreams really come true.
Very nice story seems like a poem.
I can also smell lavender in the air.
Great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Summer Grace

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I have written poetry for years so fiction I write might seem like poetry.I wrote this last .. read more
zainul

11 Years Ago

I feel very happy that my review was an opportunity for rejoicing on two considerations.I hope to en.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 4, 2012
Last Updated on November 4, 2012
Tags: love, dreams, sea, ocean, shore, beach, fields, lavender, purple, lovers, boyfriend, girlfriend, relationship