Addicted

Addicted

A Poem by Carlee
"

A beautiful story about how addicting love is--both current and past. To my ex--who I have found while I miss her I can't get over what she did and what happened because of it.

"

I'm addicted to her.

To every breath she takes

Every laugh she can't fake

To how her thoughts never rest

And how her heart beats in her chest

 

I'm addicted to the perfume she wears.

To how her hair falls around her face,

And how no one can tear their eyes away from her.

 

From the look in her eyes,

And how she tells lies.

 

I'm addicted to her mystery.

 

To the thoughts of her in my arms.

To the memory of her lips.

To the thought of what was.

Of what could have been.

 

Addicted to what we had.

But all addictions are meant to be lost--but I can't help what I still crave.

© 2008 Carlee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This has some good lines, however, addiction is a wonderful topic in love, read my obsessed.. make your audience feel the addiction with you... what does her hair do to you... the anguish of addiction of the obsession. you say " I am addicted to her... every breath she takes (maybe you feel the breath or it takes away your ability to breath free...) The way you have written it the reader is reading about you rather than the feelings so deep ... I can feel it in there, you just have to let it out. Having said all that I think this poem with a bit of work has a whole lot of potential, keep it up. Suzanne

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Daniel's personality matched the way he had sex, to put it simple. He was not one for aggressive and forcefull passion, no, that kind of loving making only kept you high for the moment and as soon as it was gone the passion disappeared as well. He was the kind of person who took it easy, especially in the beginning, wanting to make sure that whatever was burning inside him was more than just sex. Once he got past that phase, once he'd distinguished where the fire came from and was sure of where he was heading, he released his passion. Rather than agressive and forcefull, it was concupiscence and detailed, the kind that made sure you felt everything. Daniel had another side to him as well, this one appeared when he became compeletly sure of what was going on, this one a simple combination of the playful part of him that he mostly kept hidden and his passionte side.

The corners of Daniel's lips curved up into a smile as he watched Namie stepped away to go and check the food. He could see that he wasn't the only one who was drawn towards the other and he couldn't help it but love the slight confused in her expression. It was as if he's actions were new to her and she wasn't sure of how to react to them. Once more, she seemed younger than she claimed to be - although it didnt bother him anymore. Here, in his kitchen with the heated atmosphere between them, there were no room for such feelings.

Daniel tilted his head slightly and chuckled as she spoke, for there was a thruth in her words. They where acting like teenagers who couldnt decide if they were ready or if their hormones where jumping ahead of them. "Maybe there is no easy conclusion to it, at least not yet? Perhaps it's the same thing that pulled me towards you when I saw you at the bar." He spoke, resisting the urge to walk up to her, wrap his arms around her waist from behind her and kiss that oh-so inviting, soft looking skin of her neck. Daniel held himself back though, because he was sure that once he started, he wasnt going to be able to stop. He didnt want to rush this, whatever it was between them because something told him that it would mean so much more if he waited. Besides, it was really early and he'd not gotten any sleep for about 20 hours, his preformance wouldn't be as good as he knew it was.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this write.
It has a soft edge that I find quite desirable.
It actually sounds like something that an old friend of mine would write.
Amazing work!
-Elissa :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


this was incredible! Your descriptions and attention to detail were not only personal, but inspiring. This piece was perfect and sad somewhat given that you don't have it anymore. Very personal, very beautiful, and again....very inspiring!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so very true, It really is like trying to break a bad habit when you are trying to move forward-very beautifully written I might add!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is wonderful, its amazing how many things you can find to be addicting in a person, and even when you write them down you cant possibly mention all of them. Maybe I have no idea what I am talking about, but your poem made me think!
It was a fantastic write, and I enjoyed reading it.
-Chuck

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is a fresh breath of truth. thanks.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This has some good lines, however, addiction is a wonderful topic in love, read my obsessed.. make your audience feel the addiction with you... what does her hair do to you... the anguish of addiction of the obsession. you say " I am addicted to her... every breath she takes (maybe you feel the breath or it takes away your ability to breath free...) The way you have written it the reader is reading about you rather than the feelings so deep ... I can feel it in there, you just have to let it out. Having said all that I think this poem with a bit of work has a whole lot of potential, keep it up. Suzanne

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 25, 2008

Author

Carlee
Carlee

Yukon, OK



About
This is written in the Hebrew Talmud, the book > where all of the sayings and preaching of > Rabbis are conserved over time. > It says: "Be very ca.. more..

Writing
Plunge Plunge

A Story by Carlee