the Lost Crown boy

the Lost Crown boy

A Story by sunnysidewalks
"

impromptu short story. i'm training my literature so please be patient with the work.

"
he opened his eyes. he felt as naked as a child and couldn't remember anything, not even his name. even this room, clean and cozy as angel-feather-white, confused and intimidated him. but there are things that with its release gives one power, such as certain knowledge and mistakes, worries. 
he didn't know how long he stayed in this room with only his absent memory to deal with. other than his own thoughts the white painted door across his bed stood there speaking to him as powerful as fate. it distracted from the beginning of his consciousness until he was considering a conversation with it.
someone was coming. actually the timing that the door opened was somewhat perfect to his heartbeat. he was instantly eager for another soul to speak to, to relate with, to understand, to be understood by. 
she was a young girl. who was she? was she single? moreover, did she know who he was? 
"hello. how are you feeling now?" her warm brown hair fell straight down from the center of her head. like the goddess of waterfall. had they met long ago somewhere? her smile revived a warm expression to his face. 
she checked his temperature with her soft tender hands and helped him change into his night clothes, brought sweet deserts.
he didn't know what had happened to him that brought him here and he didn't know if she knew. it didn't matter though. he was experiencing welcome now, the most important word he knew, at its essence, in slow motion. 
the girl showed him where to find everything in the large, colorful house that he would need. she seemed to live alone. without asking or saying anything else, she studied his face with a careful blink, and left him to his thoughts again.
"wait," he said and reached a hand out for her wrist. the sun was going down now and they both looked sorrowfully garnet.
she turned around. of course he missed her hands but in one graceful motion she took his arm reassuringly. he wanted to thank her, embrace her, protect her, grow old together. 
and he felt free to ask, "what should i call you?"

she said, "you can call me amy, dad."

© 2012 sunnysidewalks


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on May 27, 2012
Last Updated on May 27, 2012

Author

sunnysidewalks
sunnysidewalks

About
pragmatic, dry humor, tragic romance. more..

Writing
fresh fresh

A Poem by sunnysidewalks