Why me

Why me

A Story by Ginny
"

A boy struggling with many difficulties.

"
I felt his rough fist make contact with my face once again. It's force was so strong, I was sent sprawling onto the grass in an abandoned park a block from my home. Blood gushed from my nose. My forehead ached. What else was new? I wanted to scream in pain, but all I managed was a groan. I rolled over onto my stomach and looked up at my assailant once again. His scowling face was enough to cause nightmares. His name was Drake. He was a classmate of mine. He had brown hair and had a tough demeanor about him. He always strutted the halls like he owned the place with his glowering face threatening anyone who dare defy him. I guess he did own the halls of our school. I placed the palms of my hands on the ground and was about to slowly lift myself of the ground when I felt a surge of immense pain flood my chest as well as a fresh flood of fear.
"Yeah Drake! Show him who's boss," uttered his best friend Karl. Karl had sandy hair and piercing blue eyes. He was as bad as Drake and sometime participated in beatings with Drake. Drake's shoe I'm sure would leave a bruise. It was starting to get to that point when I could tell what injuries would leave bruise.
"Don't get up," his deep tone threatened.
So I didn't. I did not get until his menacing figure was just small dot a block away. Before getting up, I took my thumb and pointer finger and put them close to my eye above and below their distant bodies. Then I brought those fingers together and imagined me squashing him and his hideous best friend between my fingers.

I pulled myself off the ground and saw a pearly white cat. She seemed to have to pity in her eyes. She seemed poised and graceful. Then, she turned and darted away. For a moment, I felt something I had rarely felt before, happiness. At least she was free to live without sadness.

When I got home, I heard piercing shouts and vengeful exchanges from my parents in the next room.
"This is because of you!! You can't keep your mouth shut at your work!" my mom screamed.
"At least I had job!! I have to support this family with no help from you!!"

Careful to avoid them, I tip toed up the stairs to the bathroom and shut the door. Before I began, I saw myself in the mirror. I couldn't escape that blank, empty, miserable face looking back at me. I leaned over into the sink under the faucet and began to wash the blood from my face once again. Once I was done, I looked back up at the person in the mirror. His brown hair was full of dirt and ratty. Though the face was now clean, it was just as sullen with still scars. I pulled my shirt over my head. There were black bruises all over my chest.
"Why me?" I uttered with my eyes growing red and my vision blurry. "Why me?"

© 2017 Ginny


Author's Note

Ginny
You never know what someone is going through.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on June 4, 2017
Last Updated on June 4, 2017

Author

Ginny
Ginny

Chicago, IL



About
I have a good idea for a book but I am struggling to put together a plot. I would love collaberation more..