What it is like to live with someone with Bipolar...

What it is like to live with someone with Bipolar...

A Story by Arttosupportawriter
"

I was diagnosed with bipolar 2004. Things have been smooth sailing around here since I started my Meds. However, people do not agree.

"

What it is like to live with someone with Bipolar...

 

I was diagnosed with bipolar 2004. Things have been smooth sailing around here since I started my Meds. However, people do not agree. (I do not have the amount of friends I used to before my first manic episode! Hehehehe)

I tend to live in a world of my own, where no problems exist - only when someone wakes me from my world, like the phone rings or it's time to pick up the kids from school.

I have found socialising is difficult and only do it when my husband takes me to peoples houses.

Shopping! I only go when there is no food left in the house and everyone is complaining about eating the same food repeatedly! I get my meat delivered and order my food on line when possible.

Spiritually, I am close knitted to God. I know him personally, try reading the Bible daily and get guilty when I do not. I pray at every meal and bedtime, but that does not seem enough for me. I talk to people about what I have learnt. Then I feel happy. Then I get down. I feel as though I get lazy, but really, I have no motivation to go back and see the people who I once saw every week for the last three weeks.

Depression lasts and lasts. Sometimes for weeks. I loose contact with my friends then have to start all over again!

My husband goes to work then comes home and does housework, because I spend the whole day going round and round in circles putting this here putting that there. Not really putting anything anywhere.

Sometimes in my dark days, I spend my days in my pyjama’s in front of the computer or book or in the bath and do not eat except for breaky and tea.

 

I sleep during the afternoon as I can't keep my eyes awake due to the fact that I can't sleep during the night because I'm so hypo and irritable.

Then the tide turns and I am bouncing around the house with my two boys. Wrestling with my husband. Cleaning the whole house, growing my veggie Garden again and fixing the gardens in our back yard. Oh, I have so many ideas, must get started right away. I go out and buy this and that and get halfway through my project then "BANG" I am exhausted to the bone. Not able to move a muscle, but sleep and sleep and sleep....


 

Nevertheless, I still will not socialise by myself!

I have started and ended over five businesses and hobbies in the ten years we have been married and this year it is my Artwork. Last year it was scrap booking and cards, the year before that bookmarks the year before that cookies etc....

My husband says that life with me is always exciting and I never let him down when he needs to be cheered up or encouraged.

He just waits until the depression is over and simply pumps himself up for the next manic ride of his life.

My boys? They love Mum... They look after me when I am sick. Bring me burnt toast and milky tea.

They are great! When I am on a high "it's even funna!" They say. We turn the music up and dance the night away in our lounge room. "Around around we go!"

Life has its ups and downs but in my up and down life, it's the people that make me stay on my Meds, even though, I feel, like I'm now Better.

I realize, now, I shall never be better, but I am just stable.

In addition, that is me. Take me or leave me!

Written By


© Colette Myree Robson
Tuesday, April 18, 2006

© 2010 Arttosupportawriter


Author's Note

Arttosupportawriter
All sorts of help

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 24, 2010
Last Updated on October 24, 2010