Auto Air Condition Powered by Candy Bars

Auto Air Condition Powered by Candy Bars

A Story by Stephen J. Vattimo
"

A humorous short story about harnessing a child's hyper activity.

"
Here is something to think about!   The more high tech inventions take over doing the common tasks of our daily lives , the more time we have on our hands.  But this newly found freedom has produce a society that has a short attention span and is very self focused.
For example ample, many parents feel they don't have the time to figure out how to harness and channel  the hyper activity of their children,in to a positive direction.
 So they try to suppress the hyper activity by feeding their children drugs like Ridelin,turning their children into Zombies.
   Well back in the seventies when the gas crises had American's siting in a line that was sometimes a half a mile long,to get to the Gas station to get your turn to fuel one vehicle.
 Well one sizzlin summers' day while I was in the car with my dad , we were melting away as our car inch it's way every ten minutes toward the gas station.
  My dad came up with a clever way to harness my hyper activity.  He had me sit behind  him in the back seat of the car,holding a plastic bin with a block of ice in it.
 He had me blowing air across the block of ice,so it would cool off the back of his neck.
 The cooler he wanted the air,the more candy bars he would feed me,so I would blow faster.
 I believe that day,my dad had created the first air conditioner for a car.

Written By Stephen J. Vattimo   August 6,2012

© 2012 Stephen J. Vattimo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on August 8, 2012
Last Updated on August 8, 2012
Tags: stephen j vattimo, surealworld, short story, hyper children, gas crises, behavior drugs, creative writing, air conditioner