Sounds Like

Sounds Like

A Story by Stephen J. Vattimo
"

A short humorous story why it would be cool to use to last names when introducing oneself at a meeting.

"
At my place of work there is this technician who I provide equipment to, who decides to change his last name from Bottles to Mahar.   One day I asked him why He changed his last name?    He told me that Bottles was his adopted  family name,he want to change his last name to his natural birth parent's last name which Mahar.    He had said that he is the last male born to this family and he want to carry on the family name.
 So I told him it would be cool if he kept using both last names , just in case he turns into  an alcoholic and gets busted for a DUI, and is order by a the court of law to attend a AA  meetings.
 At the AA meeting he can Stand up and introduce himself to the group by saying," Hi my name is Mahar Bottles,and I am not a  alcoholic !"
" I am here because I was court ordered. to attend these meetings."

Written by Stephen J. Vattimo
November 16,2014.

© 2014 Stephen J. Vattimo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like a good idea. I cannot tell if this is a true surname "Bottles" I have not heard of that surname before.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 16, 2014
Last Updated on November 16, 2014
Tags: stephen j vattimo, surealworld, creative writing, short story, funny, comedy, last names, aa meetings, introduction, alcoholic, dui, court of law, last name, sounds like, joke, cool, denyle