Masque.

Masque.

A Story by Swapnashree Pani
"

What romance can unfold into !

"

                                                                                Masque
         A dimly lit picturesque ballroom.
         The eyes of the people sparkle brighter than the lights embellishing the ceiling above her. An eve for love, an eve of mirth. She was dressed in her best attire; her demeanor reflected the giant magnitude of joy gushing in her veins. Her long curly brown hair cascading down her waist. The pinkish hue of her cheeks darken, her pupils dilate, her heart paces fast, she feels week at the knees; ah! The collywobbles. She feels his eyes resting upon her, admiring her by lovable gestures; that smile on his luscious lips; a dream come true. He walks up to her with that naughty look in his eyes, yes the one he always had when he gazed at her, holding her close to him, close enough to feel his pulse racing. The lights go dimmer. She looks at him gathering all the courage she begot from the pit of her spleen. The masks cover half of their faces but in the low moonlight she sees his eyes. A slight tinge of blue overfilled with emotions; emotions she knew were for her. She notices a shimmering brightness in his iris that engulfed wholesome and consuming feelings, feelings she could never comprehend, feelings unfathomable to her. They were not that of lust nor greed; he wasn't a lascivious being. He somehow wasn't imagining undressing her later that night. He was alive, alive in that present moment; looking at her, groping for something in her vivid, weird expressions. She gives up unfolding mysteries and slowly slips into his arms, a shelter she always wanted to be in, a shelter she’ll never have to leave.
          He pummeled her back slowly, knowing that she felt cold bringing her closer, closer to his chest. She kisses him slowly as he lifts up her bosom; she lets the ‘man’ in him overpower the fear she has of people staring at them. He rubs his stubble gently against her cheek and she feels him up like she has done never before. Imbibing the warmth of his tuxedo she felt a flamboyant flush in her skin, her palms get numb. A reflex takes her hand to feel his on her hip nursing her. An orgasmic ovulation takes place in her gut as she perceives his warm breath against her ear as he pushes the dagger deep, penetrating her skin, he whispers, ‘Vengeance, my love’.

© 2014 Swapnashree Pani


Author's Note

Swapnashree Pani
What do you think ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It started out like an intriguing romance and then there was quite a twist at the end. It totally caught me off guard. Take a bow.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Swapnashree Pani

9 Years Ago

It means a lot ! Thank you so much :)
SVT

9 Years Ago

This was incredibly descriptive and well written.. I was surprised at the ending as well! Nice work!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 16, 2014
Last Updated on May 20, 2014
Tags: love, romance, revenge, veils

Author

Swapnashree Pani
Swapnashree Pani

India



About
Student. Crazy art lover, hungry for books with a strange way of living life. I find solace in the most peculiar places. Solitude is the art of living gracefully. It isn't about why you're surviving b.. more..

Writing