Forbidden!!

Forbidden!!

A Story by swati
"

How emotions are our strength and weakness at the same time, this short story just exhibits that!!

"
Last night was the longest so far for Catherine Mathews, for she didn’t had butterflies in her stomach caused often by her grueling job but after five long years, her patience had given way to the most beautiful moment in her life. Jack Brown wasn’t a Californian but a country folk singer from Australia. They both met in a world that was virtual.
Whosoever knew about how Catherine fell in love with Jack, awed with both amazement and a question, “How can she trust someone she had not even met or even seen??” For now she knew that He was the one. And when anyone in this MAD WORLD knows that, you know you are in LOVE.
The only recognition of Jack to Catherine was his voice .She listened to his compositions everyday religiously. She would sleep listening to his voice humming lullabies and would wake up with an eternal morning glory.
She dressed in the best white outfit in town for Jack loved white. They had to meet at the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra that day. She picked up the taxi at 5 pm and by 6 she was there. The clock struck 7, inside the orchestra had started the melodious tune of “Night in White Satin”; she didn’t want to go inside because they decided to meet at the entrance of the hall.
The clock struck 12, another day had started…
“Mam, time to go. Should I call the taxi for you? “She had not lost hope, hoping against hope was what she was doing, she didn’t say a word. The taxi arrived and she reached her abode, she switched on her answering machine..
Mam…the flight from Australia to California met an unfortunate accident… we could recover some belongings and this one had your name and address...
Lying all over her bed were his letters…which he had written to her past 5 years and a charm having a fairy on it. It was a night when tears do the talking because your body and soul is all numb...it wasn’t his face she had never seen and will never be able to see because she had pictured it in her eyes...every night she fell asleep...but it was his soul she wished to meet. She knew it was beautiful… there was only one way to make the meeting happen...
And then she took out her gun, aiming at her head-------


Swati Singh Sambyal

© 2011 swati


Author's Note

swati
I am an amateur writer, looking forward for a critical review from all the readers!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story... love the idea of the 'Virtual World'...cause I'm one like Catherine, sensed a little resemblance with a film 'Antoheen'... otherwise really great story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with Butterfly in the suggestion of details, but my only other concern is the use of so many periods. It's not necessarily bad so much as it doesn't "look" as good. :) Otherwise. Great story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


it's really good some extra details tha might not be needed but other than that its good :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2011
Last Updated on June 16, 2011

Author

swati
swati

Jaipur, Hindu, India



About
A Masters student in Energy and Environmental Engineering, writing has always been my passion, there are numerous things a human can get away from but some things are their with you, like the blood in.. more..

Writing
Creature Fear Creature Fear

A Poem by swati


Vindicated!! Vindicated!!

A Poem by swati