You, Me and Him

You, Me and Him

A Poem by Rachelle
"

Perfect relationships

"
It's

Love in

Perfection.

You, Me And HIM

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam.

© 2014 Rachelle


Author's Note

Rachelle
an experimentation with symbolic layout.
The Divine love triangle. Thanks, Utkarsh, for all the help with the final format!

A perfect relationship happens when two mortals who love each other also love God who loves them back. Their love for God is reflected in the way they treat each other with love and respect and likewise, God is blessing the union. In the West, a love triangle connotes negativity - that there is a third person involved in a couple's relationship such that a perfect relationship is ruined because of the third party. I wanted to show that the emphasis of a relationship being between just two mortals will be difficult unless they have God in the relationship in as few words as possible in this work. Ad majorem Dei gloriam is Latin for "All for God's greater glory".

I guess it is limited by those who understand the symbolism and Latin. I just wanted to play with the concept of something visual like the shape of the triangle being part of the poem's context without actually mentioning the love triangle as would be initially inferred in the title (again, done to mislead and therefore, create a twist.) This is a Divine love triangle - union of two mortals blessed by God.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes, this is one love triangle that is quite comforting...no secret paramour, just a solid, strong love...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautiful and true. Stunning and fantastic work. Even though there are few words, they sing loudly. xo (:

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yes. Most people think of a love triangle as a bad thing, without realizing how and why it can be a good thing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the poem. Good to know life and peace with God near. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very clever, and anyone with a religious background would understand this, completely.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I go with what Tai have said. Three is a significant number, and in addition, chord is typically a three notes in which is the basic of all harmony in music...In Hinduism Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva (my favorite tri ) form the triumvirate in which the cosmic functions of creation, maintenance, and destruction are personified, and so on and so forth...All are composed of trimurti in which is the basis of all balance and harmony...and in your poem, two persons in a relationship guided by moral law, of a divine being, thus the three create perfect relationship...

Nice attempt. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Three is a sacred number (although the same could be said of the other numbers between one and ten according to the following) and I tend to see it often. The Roman triumvirate. The love triangle. The holy trinity. The three branches of the United States' government. Well thought out.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This was one of the more intellectual thinking pieces from your arsenal, My belief in god is when you fall in love, true love, that emotion of complete selfless love is the most heartfelt prayer to god and also god itself. Great piece Science lady.. you are making it harder for me to call you science lady these days...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Good format, message and triangle...Excellent...:)................

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rachelle

10 Years Ago

Shukran, Sami!
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome muchly...:).......................
So the idea is of a love triangle between a man, woman, and God? There's great potential in this to be more than it is right now ... sometimes, we must go beyond formatting and layouts to make a poem flawless. The fact that I, along with others, had a slight trouble understanding what's going on here should tell you to expand a bit more. As I said, there's great potential. Just delve a little further.

Best,
Rahab.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rachelle

10 Years Ago

A perfect relationship happens when two mortals who love each other also love God who loves them bac.. read more
Rachelle

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Rahab, for your feedback!
Alira

10 Years Ago

No problem!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1164 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 28, 2014
Last Updated on April 29, 2014

Author

Rachelle
Rachelle

Carmel, IN



About
Science. Art. Life. I am a technical writer trying to break free from the mold and exploring other forms of writing. And yes, I am a scientist.... more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Rachelle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Winter Winter

A Poem by Rachelle


Love Love

A Poem by MsJewel