Murder at Six

Murder at Six

A Story by Lynxter
"

I wrote this for fun. I will write the second part ASAP

"

Part I

 

 

Rose sat on her bed, waiting. It was around 5:30 pm. at the house of 181 Orchard Dr. Miami, Florida. Will would be coming for her soon. She twirled the ring on her finger, which glistened in the sunlight that was streaming through her window. It reflected off of her dirty blond hair, and made her exotic green eyes sparkle. Rose examined the ring more closely. It was solid gold with a diamond in the center, with the rest studded with rubies. Will had given it to her as a wedding gift. The wedding had only consisted of the priest, Will’s best friend Todd, Rose’s best friend Tess, Will, and herself. She and Will had only met a year ago, in 11th grade. Rose remembered the conversation that had followed the wedding.

“What would my father do if and when he finds out about this?” Rose had asked, fear in her eyes.

Will had taken her hands and placed them in his.  “Nothing will ever happen if he does, I promise.”

  At that moment, Rose had believed Will, but as the time was getting closer, she wasn’t so sure.

            Suddenly, there was a knock on the front door. Rose rushed down stairs, but to only find that her father had already answered the door. Standing in the doorway, was Will. He looked the complete opposite of Rose. He blended into the dark easily, with coal black hair, hazy brown eyes, and tan skin.

“Hello Mr. Thomson” said Will respectfully.

“Oh…It’s you,” Mr. Thomson said, disgust in his voice.

“I have come for Rose, and I am not leaving with out her” Will calmly explained as Rose ran up beside him.

Mr. Thomas frowned. “What do you mean? You can’t just take my daughter like that for any reason! You are not going to, and that is final! You make a bad influence on my daughter! Now, get out of my house before I arrest you for trespassing on my property…” Then, he noticed the rings. His anger got out of control. “You didn’t dare…”Mr. Thomas whispered.

“I won’t leave without her,” Will explained again.

Suddenly, before Roses eyes, Will was on the ground, gasping for breathe. Her father’s hands were around his neck, squeezing the life out of him, and the worst part was that her father was laughing. “You will never, ever, ever, get my daughter!” he whispered into Will’s ear as he smashed Will’s face to the ground repeatedly, causing blood to spill down Will’s face. Will tried to look up at Rose, who was standing there, mortified. “Do something Rose!” Will managed to squeak out. The look in Will’s eyes brought Rose to her senses. She looked around the room. It seemed that everything was happening in slow motion. She noticed her father’s police gun. She slowly walked over to the stand where the gun was, and hesitantly picked it up. Rose had never actually shot a gun before, but she had seen her father do it a couple of times. Rose aimed it carefully at her father, making sure that she didn’t shoot Will by accident. She cocked the hammer, and pulled the trigger…

            Her father fell slowly to his death, the bullet hitting him directly in the chest. Will lay on the ground, gasping for breath as Rose placed the gun back on the stand, stunned as her father’s eyes glazed over, and his hands went limp. A million thoughts were rushing through her head. Will, still dizzy, slowly got up a stumbled over to Rose.

“Come on Rose, we need to get out of here” Will hastily exclaimed as they rushed out of the door and into his black car. Will backed up out of the drive way, and went roaring down the empty street. It was 6:00pm.

 

            The only thing that Will and Rose did not notice was another black car that was parked right next to the house. Inside of the car was Mr. Thomson’s partner, Officer John Hopps. He was a short, stocky man, with hard eyes and a large mustache. He had seen and heard almost everything. He had heard the gun shot, and had seen Rose and a boy running out of the house, the boy with a cut on his face that was pumping blood and bruises on the right part of his face and neck, and Rose looking like she was going to cry. The final piece was fit in place when Officer Hopps opened the unlocked door to find his partner Officer Thomson dead on the floor, blood stained on his shirt. Anger rose in his throat, as a tear ran down his cheek. Ignoring the fact that killing Officer Thomson might have been only self-defense, he ran down the porch stairs and into his car. He knew where they were most likely going.

 

Will was driving at 85 miles per hour, and was beginning to scare Rose. “Come on, stupid traffic, we have to get to the docks before 6:30!” Will was practically yelling. They were heading south on the main highway out of Miami. They were heading towards Sunrise Harbor, where they could take a boat that would drop them off at Hawaii. When they reached the harbor, they both automatically jumped out of the car and ran towards the boat booth, hand in hand. “Two tickets, please,” Will said hurriedly as he yanked out his wallet.

“80 dollars please,” the woman behind the booth requested. Will pulled out a one hundred bill.

“Keep the change” Will said as he scooped up the tickets and ran onto the boat, Rose setting the pace in front of him. He pushed Rose towards the front of the boat, but not quickly enough.

            Officer Hopps jumped out his car and ran to the booth.

“I’m with the police. Did a teenage boy and girl just come by here?” he asked the woman behind the booth.

“Yah… They just bought two tickets for the boat the Islander. It is the furthest boat to your right,” she said.

“Thanks,” Officer Hopps replied as he ran towards the boat, just in time to see the boy pushing Rose towards the front. “Stop them! Murderers!” he yelled.

“Excuse me sir, but do you have a ticket?” asked one of the captain’s assistants.

“I have no time for this! They are getting out of sight!” shouted the Officer as the Islander pulled out of the dock and into the vast sea.

“What sir? Any way, since I see that you don’t have a ticket, you need to pay for one. It costs 40 dollars.”

“Fine,” Officer Hopps grumbled as he pulled out two twenty dollar bills from his pocket.

“Enjoy your ride!” said the assistant.

“Yah, right,” Officer Hopps muttered under his breath as he pushed towards the front of the boat, trying to catch a glimpse of Rose and the boy.

            Rose and Will leaned against the steel rail that separated them from the sea.

“Nobody can get us now,” Will said happily.

“Stop them! They are murderers!” came a shout from the other end of the boat that was coming closer. Then, the man who was shouting came into view.

“It’s Officer Hopps, my father’s partner!” exclaimed Rose.

“Come on, we got to get out of here,” Will said, “We need to jump!”

“What? Are you insane?” Rose asked. She could feel hundreds of eyes boring into the back of her head.

“No, I’m not. Come on,” Will said as he heaved Rose and himself over the rail and onto the edge of the boat.

“They’re gonna jumped!” shouted somebody on the boat.

“Stop them! Murderers!” Officer Hopps kept shouting as he approached them.

“On the count of three,” Will whispered into Roses ear. “One, two, THREE!” Will shouted as they jumped over the railing and dove into the sea. Neither of them were to be seen again.

            Officer Hopps reached the rail right when they had dived overboard. He shivered. He hated water, and disliked the sea even more.

“Oh well, they can’t stay out there forever,” thought Officer Hopps as he sat down on one of the benches, and sighed. He could wait forever.

 

To be continued…

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Lynxter


Author's Note

Lynxter
enjoy! im working on the second part, and editing this one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i love it!! such suspense...i didn't think she was gonna kill her dad, but that's what makes it so realistic! i'm betting that she didn't think she was really going to.
one thing to think about...what would rose's most likely reaction be to her murdering her father? whatever it is, it would probably be extreme, intense, and totally un-casual. she would probably be a bit dazed. maybe you could try to add that into the story? otherwise, it's great. i love how it starts, not with an explanation of everything, but with a ring. keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

omfg u write a lo lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


i love it!! such suspense...i didn't think she was gonna kill her dad, but that's what makes it so realistic! i'm betting that she didn't think she was really going to.
one thing to think about...what would rose's most likely reaction be to her murdering her father? whatever it is, it would probably be extreme, intense, and totally un-casual. she would probably be a bit dazed. maybe you could try to add that into the story? otherwise, it's great. i love how it starts, not with an explanation of everything, but with a ring. keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 15, 2008

Author

Lynxter
Lynxter

About
i love to write. period. more..

Writing
Empty Road Empty Road

A Story by Lynxter