Immortality dies

Immortality dies

A Story by Anotherfakeface
"

Juliet is plagued by dreams of her own death and the lies her friends keep feeding her. Who knew she was going to be involved in a fantasy world full of mythical and created creatures.

"

    Tears blurred the sight of the young adult. She choked back sob after sob with her lower lip shoved between her teeth. Blood trickled from where her teeth had punctured the tender flesh, it stained her specially made clothes, whose bright colors were hidden behind layers of mud. Her hair was tied back, but the ribbon was coming out, releasing tendrils of wet hair to stick to her dirt encrusted face. The tears she had been trying to hold in reached the breaking point and the torrent was released, making rivers through the dirt and spreading a redness over her eyes.

    The same thoughts floated in and out of her head. I killed them, my best friends, I killed them. He hates me, he will kill me. She felt empty, having lost almost everyone she cared about all at once, although in different ways. The mental pains left her rocking in pain, but she knew she had to try and live, as weak a motive as she had.

    Thunder clapped from outside, almost concealing the sound of the front door closing gently, not more than ten feet from where she sat holding herself in pity. It was the one thing that cut through her thoughts and stanched the ebb of fluid from her eyes. She was lucky that it had not rained on her when she was coming home, otherwise, there would have been no hiding with muddy prints leading to the hidden cubby under the stairs.

    The floorboards creaked in different locations as he searched the bottom floor. She listened to the boards over her head as he climbed the stairs step by step. She knew he was looking for her, and she knew she had to get out now. The only thing worse than what she was experiencing would be if she heard the rumbling of an engine pulling into the drive and her family coming home early. It was for them that she would do what she had to do right then. As soon as her bedroom door opened from the end of the second floor hall opened, she made a break for it, leaving the front door wide open.

    She knew he had seen her as a ferocious roar filled the house and streamed out after her, her name echoing on the night breeze. She risked a glance back and almost fell as she caught his eye. She supressed a shiver and ran the entire way to the park, a few streets up. She ran through the park and across to the flat rocky surface of the hill. She took out a stick of chalk and was quick to make the symbols she needed and outlining the shape of an arched door way. She spoke quickly and to herself and was just about done with the prayer when branches behind her snapped.

    She looked over her shoulder at him and he stared at her in return. In a flash she was flying along the rocky surface. He seemed to growl as his shadowy figure approached where she lay weakly on the ground. Her hand reached down to her belt where her weapons were, just managing to unsnap one when he kicked her shoulder so she was on her back. He crouched down beside her and ran his nail gently down the middle of her body until it reached under her chin. He paused there and began to press down. She tried to swat his hand away, but it left a thin cut where his nail touched.

    He pulled out the blade that she had just unsnapped, this time he ran the metal edge along the medial line of her body. Her hand fumbled for the only weapon that would save the town and she found it. Dust of rainbow colors poured out into her hand from a pouch on her belt. As he reached her throat this time, she flicked the handful of glitter on him and muttered the final words of her prayer.

    "Peto somnus." His eyes widened, then narrowed into a glare and as his body started fading from the feet up, he pressed her blade down, digging it into the nerve ridden neck killing her instantly. His body faded in the same rainbow pattern as the dust and caught on the breeze and filled in the chalk archway covering the chalk shapes.

    The night was silent as the rain began again.

© 2009 Anotherfakeface


Author's Note

Anotherfakeface
This is the first rewrite of the prologue. Hopefully a complete overhaul.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

okay, three words. intense. powerful. exciting. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. I feel as though I have just experienced an intense music video / drama. Very well written. You have a new fan.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sooo much better than when you were in eighth grade, girly.
Get it done

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2009

Author

Anotherfakeface
Anotherfakeface

Gibsonville, NC



About
Hello, I would be Faye. I'm the everyday, wanna be, poser of a writer. I love to come up with ideas, but never follow through. :D more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..