I Want To Be Like

I Want To Be Like

A Story by geraldine
"

This is my story...The story contents is true and based on my own experience.

"

              I feel like my life has been miserable since the time that I moved here in the city from my province. I transfered school of course, I have to get along with others, I really did my best to be like by my classmates and make friends with others but still it's not enough to get what I want. My classmates always teased me everytime I will speak or even to recite on the class. I cannot blame them I grew up in the province with different accent on our language and I bring that accent here on the city, they always laughed at me everytime they hear it. It does really hurt me a lot, why are they doing this to me? Is it because I am a province girl?... A province girl that is an idiot and stupid that they can just play everytime they want. Yeah I am a province girl so what?... I am not ashamed to admit it, there is nothing wrong about it right?. This city people always think that the province people like me is easy to be played and joked. I always cry because it's me, only me and just me comforting myself until one day I told myself

 

"i had enough from them...it's time for me to make them shut up and and make them swallow all the criticisms they gave me..I want to prove them that even a province girl like me has the right to live in the city like them, to live the life that I want. I want to be like by others, to make friend with me"

 

             I already have the strength to prove myself that I can follow the flow of their lives. I study hard, participates on the class, joined the activities and I let myself being notice by most of them.

 

"Who is that freak province girl now who always teased, criticized, joked and played?" I told myself.

 

           On our speech class I intentionally make myself as the object on my piece. I want to let them know what's their impact in my life. While I am speaking my speech I saw them, the others rolled their eyes on me, make face on me and some looked down and some can't even look straight to me. I am happy after that class I can now breathe and I can now express the true me without hesitation.

 

           I never think that what I did is my revenge to them, I did all that to teach them a simple lesson that if ever they will meet someone like me, they will not be judge and fool that person anymore like what they did to me. I am now proud to say that after all those heartaches I feel and all those tears I cried is now over. I finally overcome and get over with that experience that being fooled by others. I am saying to myself that I am their "karma" since then the city people especially those teenagers like me treat me now as they treat others, in other words they treat me equal to their friends, classmates and etc.

 

          Now I am happy with my friends I know they accept and loved me from who I really am. I am now starting to create and composed my own poems and stories, I know these writings are not the best but it is one of my way on expressing myself. I just smile everytime I remember that experience and finally I can say that I am now liked by others. Somehow I want to thank them because that experience they gave me made me strong.

© 2008 geraldine


Author's Note

geraldine
I am really not good and I am not fluent in English so I apologized for the wrong grammars or for the parts that you can't understand.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your last line is so profound. It is truly in the difficult times we learn our most profound lessons, and see who we really are. This piece shows you are sensitive, but filled with exceptional inner strength. Your English, though not perfect, is a compliment to all English speaking people. I think how lost I would be trying to learn your native language. I would be embarrassing. I would be the one who people made fun of. To learn another language is the highest compliment you can give to that country. I am very impressed with your progress, and honor and respect you. I would consider it an honor if you accepted my friend request. I loved your honest and telling piece. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 19, 2008

Author

geraldine
geraldine

mandaluyong city, Philippines



About
Hello....Welcome to my profile.! If you find interests to read some of my work, it will be my pleasure. Your comments, ideas, opinions and suggestions are very welcome to me and I will appreciate t.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by geraldine