Aren't We Humans?

Aren't We Humans?

A Story by Sword Star
"

A message

"

I ran as I heard them coming; I ran through the hall and hid behind the gold pillar. I could hear their steps getting closer.  “And why have they separated the land by different names?” one of them asked to the other. “I guess they differentiate among themselves,” the other one replied.
I couldn’t hear the sound of their footsteps; I guess they weren’t moving. “On what basis?” the first one asked. “On the basis of their color, language and their traditions which they created by themselves,” firmly replied the other one. I was so lost in their discussion that I wasn’t even aware that I was in reach of their sight; I leaned down and tried to keep my silence.
The second one continued after a brief pause, “Last time I went there, I disguised myself as them. I stood there asking for the least medium of exchange they offer, that was one penny at that part of the land. I got different reactions, behavior and even the number of pennies as I kept disguising myself into different appearances.” 
The first one with a surprising tone, “Do they hate each other?”
The second one leaning a step backwards to rest his back on the pillar, “Well, they don’t exactly hate each other; they just give different treatment to different people or groups of people. Most of them give priority to the ones who they believe are from the same land they are from and race.” 
There is a long pause; I couldn’t hear them moving. I could smell their delightful odor. I decided not to move. Suddenly my vision started to brighten, I lowered my gaze but all I could see was white, the tiles on the floor were even whiter and glittering. I didn’t want to close my eyes but they hurt so bad that I couldn’t keep them open, I was forced to close my eyes. It was so bright that even my eyes shut I could feel the brightness on my eyelids. It stayed bright evenly a few seconds and then it started to fade. I opened my eyes, it was still bright but I was able to see things but my vision was still blurry, I looked down and the tiles were still sparkling as if someone threw a millions of tiny shimmering diamonds on them.
As I looked up to see if they were still there, I could see them standing as still as they were as if nothing happened.
First one says to the second one with a smile, “He is so beautiful; I love it when he flies.”
“Oh yes, he is, Gabriel has always been the only one allowed to talk to them revealing his identity.” continues the second one, “He understands them the best among us.”
The second one telling himself, “It has been time, the last time I went there was some thousand years ago. They didn’t use to be like this in those times, they only recognized themselves different from other creatures. I thought it would change with time but it is worse, it’s a surprise that they have started to differentiate so much among themselves.”
The first one with a tone of depression in his voice, “Yeah, it is surprising and sad. They have changed a lot though which gives us a hope that they will change more.”
He took a deep breath saying, “Yes they are very unpredictable; a generation could be totally different from the former one. I hope they change and change in a positive way.” Suddenly there was some kind of noise and both of them left the hall. I ran back to the bridge where one of them brought me and asked me to stay. I ran as fast as I could, finally I reached to the big red gate I entered through; I ran pushing the door towards the end of the bridge. There he was already at the end of the bridge; I ran towards him. He flew to take me in his hands, “Where were you? I asked you to stay here, they are waiting for you.” he said. I don’t know where he flew me, I shut my eyes hard.

The next thing I remember was a strain in my chest and I was back to the place I belonged. “You are a very lucky man”, said the doctor and I fainted again for a while.
I recovered through the accident in a couple of days; the hospital released me after two weeks. I forgot the pain and suffering I went through very quickly but never forgot my fifteen minutes on the seventh sky.

It was not me up there; it was my soul taken up by an angel as my death was undecided at the moment. I did get a new life; a second chance. The more I thought about it the more I felt embarrassed of our living morals; we were supposed to be the creature of highest order but Angels of God find our moral conduct funny. I knew it would be pointless to tell others about it, they were never going to believe my story; they were just going to laugh at me. Even if I tried to change the way we live, I knew I couldn’t change every single human being; but I try to pay off my part of liability and keep telling them that “We are all humans.”

 

© 2014 Sword Star


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on October 16, 2014
Last Updated on October 16, 2014
Tags: message, love, angels, God, care, humanity, humans, hope, religion, change, human beings, Gabriel.

Author

Sword Star
Sword Star

Garden grove, CA



Writing
Being Human Being Human

A Story by Sword Star