Sorcerer (Part 1)

Sorcerer (Part 1)

A Story by Symphony Snow
"

The Villagers' Day of Song Celebration was interrupted when supernatural things started happening.

"
Part One: Capture
    In a world not very detached from this one, there is a motley village in a dimension known as Sash. The village is very peaceful and surely if there were a place like this on Earth, many people would love to live there; though If they did, the village would probably lose its pleasantness.
    In this world, the people of the village are very small compared to humans.To them, they are normal sized, but to us, they are no bigger than a cute little tiger cub. The dimension intertwined with Earth long ago. Inhabitants of Sash can go in and out of worlds as they please, and they do it often, appearing all over the world and in every one's houses. However, no human has been through Sash until recently.
    The world was broken on the Day of Song. The bonfire was lit in the middle of town, and the villagers were gathered around. They sang, danced and told stories about the Great Spirit. They told of it blessing those who are worthy with health and long life. When the Great Spirit travels to Sash, all evil and darkness is destroyed. Anyone chosen by the Great Spirit is automatically put in command. Visits are rare and leaders can live hundreds of years before the next is chosen. Iris has lead Sash for 175 years. No one knows exactly what the Spirit looks like, but everyone hopes to be blessed one day. It is a great honor.
    Treer knew that something was about to happen; he could feel the unfamiliar magic flowing in the air. He thought nothing of it. The night was full of cheering, smiling faces. One moment, children laughed, played and ate, sat in wonder as they listened to stories. The next, chaos. The bonfire blazed up suddenly, licking the high forest canopy. The music cut off. As quickly as it began, the fire collapsed, leaving the people in darkness. The only sound came from the panicked gasp of the surrounding crowd. A portal opened and more darkness seeped out, dousing the shining stars and moons. A small child screamed and a chill wind shook the crowd. Nobody breathed. Everything froze. The fire returned  and the sky filled with light, and it was over as quick as it began. Treer took action that night.

© 2011 Symphony Snow


Author's Note

Symphony Snow
Please leave constructive criticism and edits!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on June 24, 2011
Last Updated on June 24, 2011

Author

Symphony Snow
Symphony Snow

About
I LOVE to write but I'm no good at it. One of my resolutions is to write at least 5 pages a week and 1 journal page a week. I sort of have a blog for random things I like. I write a poem on the spo.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Symphony Snow


2 2

A Chapter by Symphony Snow


3 3

A Chapter by Symphony Snow