The Cat fell in a hole

The Cat fell in a hole

A Story by Great_Minds_Think
"

It's a short story that may make you think. It's about a cat going on a wild adventure.

"

Once there was a cat walking down the road and she fell in a hole. She fell in the middle of the road how sad. She did not die though, she fell into another dimension. The other dimension was opposite of what she had seen from her world. The majority of the people were fit and optimistic. There was never a war and the air was clean. People lived in peace and tranquility with one another and respected each other’s beliefs. There was no such thing as identifying race, religion, ethnicity, etc. on any form because everyone truly believed they were equal and the only race that mattered was the human race. Animals were free to roam and live, and even they knew not to disturb the humans. Every country was equal in wealth and commerce and contributed to making the future a wonderful place for the future generation on a global scale. There was no sign of corruption or lies seen around this dimension. The boarders for every country were open for all beings to come through as they pleased. All people were happy to live and were happy when death approached because they had lived such content lives. There was no crime, no weapons, and no hate. There was only love and compassion in the air. The cat, you see, saw all of this with great detail and wondered if her world would ever be as perfect as this other dimension. As she was walking around even further she saw her reflection in a shop mirror and was shocked. She saw herself, but she was a human. Her mind had gotten foggy and her body was numb. How could this be? Why was she a human? She moved around to confirm that the reflection was hers and sat down on a nearby bench. Were all the humans actually animals in this dimension? What are the animals, humans? Then would that make all of the humans in her world animals. This made no sense to the cat. She looked around frantically and ran like she had never run before. She darted past civilians, signs, and tall eco-friendly buildings. Then as once before she felt the ground beneath her disappear and lost her breathe. She was falling in which felt like forever. She had awoken and was breathing hard. She looked at her arms which extended towards her paws. She let out a breath of relief knowing that she was back where she belonged. Even though the cat was safe and sound she was angry knowing that animals could be more humane than actual humans from her world. Why were humans so greedy, evil, and corrupt? Was it their nature? She would never know because the next thing she heard was seven gunshots and people screaming. She felt hot blood trickle down her head and collapsed knowing she would never have to return to this cruel world ever again.        

© 2016 Great_Minds_Think


Author's Note

Great_Minds_Think
I came up with this and wrote it in 10 min at 3am. Must be interesting or boring depending on your preference. Critics are welcome!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

My cat liked your story. He wants to live in a dimension where he can eat and sleep all day.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hi. I liked your story. Had a bit of an Alice in wonderland falling down the hole feel except in this case middle earth seems like not such a bad place to be. Really happy that there were only seven shots.
I wasn't sure if she died or not but if she died seven deaths then at she's got two left and this time maybe keep her curiosity in check. I leave with the thought that people are the real animals on this planet.
Terrible monsters... The odd good one.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2016
Last Updated on May 19, 2016
Tags: fun, bored, likeit?

Author

Great_Minds_Think
Great_Minds_Think

Chicago, IL



About
I am a writer who makes people think. more..