Alaina's Aquatic Adventure

Alaina's Aquatic Adventure

A Story by taylor ross
"

this is old so dont judge grammar or use of words.

"

Beep! Beep! Beep! “Alaina time to wake up.” This story is about me Alaina Woodburn. This is about the day I became…a mermaid. You all probably think being a mermaid is all about your hair and sitting on rocks, but it is not that simple. The day started when I awoke to my up roaring alarm clock and the screeching of my mother. I noticed something different that day there was a strange, glowing, jade rock outside my window. I went outside quickly and cautiously grabbed the rock then ran inside.

After I got inside I slid into my black and white, floral bathroom I examined the rock it was small and glistening. I wandered maybe this rock could be magic. I thought a little bit then made a simple wish, “I wish I had a glass of water,” within a mere three seconds laying on my nightstand was an ice cold glass of water. Then I made another wish, “I wish I were a mermaid,” I hesitated, nothing happened after about ten seconds instead of a blonde fourteen year old girl in purple skinny-leg jeans and a yellow zebra stripe shirt there was a blonde fourteen year old girl with a scaled, shiny, purple and yellow striped tail. I wobbled over to the mirror and looked in it for a few minutes I felt like I had just been struck by lightning.

I stared at my tail for a few minutes, but after so long I got a weird feeling. I stopped breathing not only had I stopped breathing my tail got dry and my gills started to close up I panicked and went in search of water. When I couldn’t find water I sprinted for the rock and quickly wished, “I wish I was in the ocean.” I wheezed for five seconds then saw a bright light, quickly closed my eyes, counted to three, opened my eyes and was in blue, wavy water.

I took a few deep breaths then started swimming in circles. Finally took a deep plunge under the water. I usually can’t open my eyes under water but I tried, I could actually see. What I saw was green algae, schools of fish, a starfish, rocks, a sunken pirate ship, and sand lots of it. I swam down deeper and deeper until I was at the very bottom. There were so many aquatic animals down here.

One of the sea creatures at the bottom of the sea was a very strange jellyfish. I noticed him because he was making really loud booms with some liquids in beakers. I swam down to talk to her. “Hello I’m Alaina, and you are?”

“Shh! Shh! Shh! I’m Jenny and I’m making a very important mixture.”

“Oh I’m very sorry ma’am, but I thought you looked like you needed a friend,” Alaina Replied, “I guess I’ll just go.”

I swam a little bit then noticed someone was following me it was Jenny. “Wait, Alaina, wait for me,” Jenny yelled.

“Oh hi I was just swimming around a little you can come if you want,” Alaina said. Jenny and Alaina swam and played a lot of games like tag, hide and seek, and wax museum. Amongst all the fun Alaina and Jenny hadn’t even noticed it had already been two hours. They tired out and stopped then out of the dark, cloudy water came a great white shark.

Like racecars we shot out of the sharks area and got about two miles away. Then we stopped out of breath and hid behind some anemone. Then I got kind of bored and decided I was ready to be human again, so I began searching for the rock. I finally found it then just as I was about to wish a school of fish scurried past me knocking the rock out of my hands. I reacted quickly trying to clench the stone. It was too slippery though, so down, down, down it went to the bottom of the ocean, but just before it touched the sandy floor it happened.

What happened you ask? Well what happened is a fishing boat went by dropped its net and amongst the fish lay the rock in the net floating to the surface. I chased the boat until I couldn’t swim anymore. I also lost Jenny on my way. Now I was on the biggest adventure of my life.

I swam to the surface to look for the fishing boat, but I couldn’t find it unfortunately it found me though. I let out a squeal and dove under the surface, but it was too late they dropped their net to capture me. Luckily I was able to out smart them though I grabbed the net and dragged it until I heard a, “snap!” Then I swam up and out into a back flip and back in. when I was out I saw laying on the boat deck a jade, glittery rock

I jumped again and onto the boat they ran toward me, I spun swinging my tail it hit them both. While they crawled on the deck trying to stand up, I grabbed the stone and took a plunge back into the clear water. As soon as I was under I made a wish. But it didn’t work maybe it only worked on land. So I started swimming toward an island in the middle of the sea.

I got out of the water and wished, “I wish I was human, and back in my room!” I closed my eyes felt a strike of light then took three deep breaths. Slowly I opened my eyes to see nothing but my purple waterbed, yellow vanity, and a blonde fourteen year old girl in purple skinny-leg jeans and a yellow zebra stripe shirt staring back at me through my mirror again. This is the story of the day I became a mermaid. Like I said being a mermaid isn’t as easy as it looks.

© 2013 taylor ross


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on February 19, 2013
Last Updated on February 19, 2013

Author

taylor ross
taylor ross

PA, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
facebook: [email protected] twitter: taaay_ross gifboom and instagrams more..

Writing