That Girl

That Girl

A Story by Tabby H.
"

The girl that's too tall,the girl that's too loud,the girl in the corner of the room,the girl in too much black,the girl nobody notices.......

"

      Have you ever been tired of being that girl?

      I have.

      Whether you're like me,or maybe not,there are plenty of us:the girl in the corner of the room who always has a book in her hands,the girl that's too tall,the girl with the borderline perfect grades,the new girl.That would be me.Or maybe your the exact oppostite of what I am:the girl that's too short,the girl that's too serious,the girl who wears black way too much.

      That girl.

      I know there are plenty of people who love me,and plenty of people who would rather be what I am.I know there are people who accept me,all 5 feet 8 inches me.I know there are girls who would rather look down at people as I do,instead of looking up.

      But sometimes,I just feel so hideously alone.

      And when I'm lying in bed crying myself to sleep,telling myself over and over-

      You're and idiot.Stop crying.There are people in the world with worse problems than you have.

      -I still don't stop.Because how can I deny myself that little peice relief,knowing that it won't hurt anyone else?

      Even though my family is broken,even though the the burden of being that girl weighs on my shoulders,I find solace in the fact that we all feel alone sometimes.

      We all feel afraid.

      We all have problems.

      We all feel pain.

      Are you that girl?I am.

© 2014 Tabby H.


Author's Note

Tabby H.
Really,I'm not this depressing most of the time.Nor am I depressed.This has just been on my mind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent! You have written the right thing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


I can be that girl at times, but I remember my family and I know they are there for me. That makes me a hell of a lot of strength to get by every day. I loved this write, and not only that, so many people can relate to this poem. The most important thing is to remember your never alone even if it does feel like it. There are people out there that love you and will help through any oroblem your going through. :-)

Kaze~

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2014
Last Updated on February 22, 2014
Tags: the, fact, of, matter

Author

Tabby H.
Tabby H.

About
Love writing.I'm a complete amatuer,just a girl with good grammar & a passion.But i suppose that's all it takes,right? more..

Writing
Tired Tired

A Poem by Tabby H.