Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

A Poem by Tabitha t

Life gets busy.

Your writing lags.

Lacking the creativity spark.

You login.

Months have passed.

Whats my password again?

So many read request.

How will I have time?

Not one review to show your worth.

Is this worth it?

Scroll down.

Scroll down.

Scroll down.

There it is.

Delete account.

in your momentary pout.

Arrow hovers.

Heart thumps.

Can you do it?

All  will be gone.

Your friends.

Your hours of work.

Your words.

Beads of sweat.

Roll down.

roll down.

roll down.

Cant do it.

to much to lose.

Dignity.

Hope.

Faith.

Ctrl+Alt+Delte.

until next time.

I'll log in again.

© 2013 Tabitha t


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Looove this!!! Something I'm sure most of us can relate to. Very creative and I love the title. Great job :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


THIS IS EPIC.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can really relate. I've done this so many times. In all aspects of my life. Doubt; she is a part of every decision, she plays the main role in fact. The question is whether or not you have the strength to suppress her until next time. Great, wonderful, read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice job. Everyone has that moment of doubt and you did well expressing it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think alot of people can relate to this. That feeling of "whats the point?", and does it matter, and then that ever lingering thought that in fact you are beyond useless at this writing lark! Then, for a while at least, you remember why. It keeps you sane, keeps you safe from yourself. It picks you up at your lowest ebb and drags you along.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh my gosh, Tabitha I have felt this way so many times before. I am sure a lot of others have felt this way before too. It's a difficult feeling to have when you're serious about writing and that's your life's passion and desire--to write! I know that some people on here all that they do is send read requests and never review yours back in return. It sucks and I guess that they don't realize that they're doing that either. They're some loyal people on here though, I must admit. I thank them all of the time for reading and reviewing my work. I have a lot of read requests. I have close to 2,000 actually! I'm like oh my goodness! Then I take a good glance at my reviews to me and I barely have any. I start to question myself and my work. Am I really any good? Have I lost that spark that everyone used to die for not too long ago? It's questions writers hate to ask especially when they really and truly love to write. We are too scared to delete our accounts because after all of the hard work and the wonderful friends we have met. It's too valuable to lose! I love how this is so relatable and real. Great job, Tabitha! :)

The seventh line- *So many read request (shouldn't there be an 's' because you probably have more than one?)

twenty ninth line- to much to lose (shoule be *too much to lose)

Side note: Outstanding! :)

Ashley Rivers-Dream BIG and you'll win BIG ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good job

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tabitha t

11 Years Ago

thanks!
Good poem. I think everyone feels this way from time to time. And not just writing. Tabitha, I can't tell you how many gallery shows I have had where people came in and told me how much they just LOVE my work and then I don't sell a single thing. There are plenty of places in the area where I could have a show if I wanted, but I think, "Why bother? Why put forth the effort?"

Sorry... this is supposed to be your rant, not mine. Keep writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tabitha t

11 Years Ago

I enjoy hearing about others experiences so anytime you want to rant. type where I will see! thanks .. read more
Craig2591

11 Years Ago

: )
Wow, really cool write, very suspenseful :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm so glad you didn't do it ;-) But I am with you on the frustration of this place...sometimes I'm like, Really? Why am I here? *laugh* Mostly I love it, though. Meanwhile, everything I write is saved to my documents; the only thing I would regret losing if I ever deleted my account (god forbid) would be some of the reviews...there are some that stick with you, yeah? Shameless self-promotion, Tabitha, that is the name of the game here at the cafe :-D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tabitha t

11 Years Ago

oh so true! you have to be ruthless to get to the top!
KAOlmsted

11 Years Ago

Yes! RR the s**t out of everybody *laugh*

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 25, 2013
Last Updated on January 25, 2013

Author

Tabitha t
Tabitha t

Pigeon Forge, TN



About
I am 21. I am in a commited lesbian relationship. I am a novelist. still struggling. (obviously) The novel I am working on completing right now is totally consuming my tie and I love every minute .. more..

Writing