Autopilot

Autopilot

A Poem by Tabitha t
"

I found this in my notebooks. I am guessing I wrote this when I was about fifteen. enjoy

"

Sometimes I dont even feel human... Like I am just some kind of machine running on auto pilot with no way toflip the switch. Like I am just gonig through the motions of my life without even feeling,thinking, or anything. Im just smiling and laughing and being the perfect image of the "normal teenage girl" but I am so the opposite of that and I have no way of showingthat so I have placed myself inside of this machine that I have created and not I have no way back out. The only way I can become somewhat human again is tocontrol my enviroment, by creating a void inside of myself... an empty space inside of my soul that constantly reminds myself that I am  in fact still a human being that feels love and feels joy. That I am only just trapped and closed inside of this image...my machine...my creation... my masterpiece... my own and living body.

© 2012 Tabitha t


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ees
"no way toflip the switch"- typo- forgot the space between to and flip.
I might take out the second "like" because you have already established that in the second sentence of the poem.
"feeling,thinking, or anything."- consider taking out the word "anything" it isn't necessary to what you are trying to say and it doesn't really mean anything. It is always my advice to cut the excess. You don't have to listen to me, I don't know everything, I just try to help where I feel like it could use it. I am not trying to be mean and I expect the same when people review my work.

I really like the concept of this poem. I am however, not a fan of the format. When you look at the page it is just a jumble of words on the page, making it harder to read, which is why I prefer poems made out of shorter lines and stanzas. And by shorter lines, I don't mean eliminating your words, I mean stretching sentences into different lines. I think that would make the poem easier to read for the eyes, it would also help with the pace, giving time to pause and think on the statement that you made before having to move onto the next line. Using the first three sentences you have, I am going to give you an example of how I might have written it out:
Sometimes
I don't even feel human...
Like I am
just
some kind
of machine
running
on auto pilot with no way
to flip the switch.

Like I am just
going through
the motions of
my life
without even
feeling or thinking.


Now try reading that outloud, verses the same words that you wrote in the other format. Same words, but I feel like when they are stretched out a bit it gives the reader more time to think about what you are saying and let those ideas really sink in, which is what you want when writing.

Overall great poem, the concept is interesting and relatable to a lot of people. Great job, have fun!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
this poem close to home... I feel the same way from time to time but life is just life...doing these things are part of it... but we keep moving forward untill we find the meaning in each facts of life that shows...
great write...I can totally relate...well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I feel that way sometimes too, especially if I'm too busy to take some time for myself. It's important for people to take a break and enjoy the things they like for a while, that's the only way we'll be able to feel human, not just like some robots who monotonously go through life.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
this is a emotion that speaks for many, amazing job, your very talented :) loved this

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is such a powerful piece of teenage emotion. Sometimes I still feel like a teenager just trying to figure things out, I think we all do feel that way at times. This piece feels more like an autobiographical story than poem though. Still it's a good piece of writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Boy you sure expressed those feelings of 15 very well !

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so relatable. So Well Done Tabitha.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh wonderful job :)

Ashley Rivers--Dream BIG and you'll win BIG:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


A summary of basically everything I write . . . *Laughs*
Depression, acceptance, motion and commotion, all of THOSE years wrapped up in eloquent prose, machines and nothing more, until humans grow up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, lordy, this could have been torn out of my journal at that age too! It sucks being a teenager :) I think a lot of us wondered what "normal" was back then. Then we grow up and realize that normal is overrated. Nice, my friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

406 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2012
Last Updated on May 6, 2012

Author

Tabitha t
Tabitha t

Pigeon Forge, TN



About
I am 21. I am in a commited lesbian relationship. I am a novelist. still struggling. (obviously) The novel I am working on completing right now is totally consuming my tie and I love every minute .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ Kensho ~ Kensho

A Poem by