Alone at two.

Alone at two.

A Poem by Tabitha t
"

wrote when I was 15 or 16

"

You know that feeling you get when you are laying in your bed awake at two in the morning? The entire house is quiet, and everyone else is asleep around you and you feel completely alone? ( not the good kind of alone, not the " your alone in your house and you can do whatever you want without getting caught, alone.") Im talking about the icy and terrifyingly quiet alone where the only thing you can hear is your own heartbeat and quickened breathing. Well if you havent then bless your soul because he loves you!

But I on the other hand have felt this torment grip my body and each time my pulse quickens, my face goes red, my body stiffens with fright. I begine to imagine that I am the only soul that resides on this  vast dimension/ That my only friend is  the moon who stares at me from through my widow. Luna with her wicked grin seems to taunt me, each time I think that in the middle of the night I had passed and now reside in limbo, my lonelyness a punishment for my downfalls. Each time my limbs yern to throw off my sheets and to cry out, But I always manage to take control of my body. I will myself to stay calm and wait until dawn. until my house will once again waken, to lie there until I hear another being begin to stir and rise from the grave that is their bed... until I dont feel so alone anymore.

© 2012 Tabitha t


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice piece that is relatable, good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love it.

~Alex

Posted 11 Years Ago


I feel this way in the daylight as well. Yes, I do know the feeling.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awesome job!!! I feel like this sometimes when I'm all alone at my house. Loved this :)

~Destiny

Posted 11 Years Ago


'But I always manage to take control of my body'

...and everything that goes bump in the night. i liked the way you drew the dramatic tension in this. stunning!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I REALLY loved this poem!!!! this is going into my library for sure!!! great job!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is interesting. I noticed that you spelled loneliness with a y instead of I. This may make a cool beginning for a horror story if you'd want to take it further.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great write Tabitha !

Posted 12 Years Ago


During times like these, prayer and meditation help us tune into our higher self. Eventually we realize once out of the darkness we are not alone. Continue writing, it is a good way to heal the wounds. Namaste.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Quite expressive and poignant. You expressed the fear very well.

"who stares at me from through my widow." is a little awkward. Perhaps "who stares at me through my widow." would be better.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 6, 2012
Last Updated on May 6, 2012

Author

Tabitha t
Tabitha t

Pigeon Forge, TN



About
I am 21. I am in a commited lesbian relationship. I am a novelist. still struggling. (obviously) The novel I am working on completing right now is totally consuming my tie and I love every minute .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..