That Smile

That Smile

A Story by Tabitha

 

                It started with a smile. Nothing huge. Just a simple smile.  To everyone around me, that is all they saw. A smile; nothing more, and nothing less. They could not see beyond it, atleast not as I had. They could not see the fear, the longing, and the lust. Oh, but why should they? It is not their life that this smile will change. It is not their life that this smile will alter so drastically. No. It does not affect them in even the smallest of ways. Therefore, it does not matter to them. Why should it? After all, it is only me.
                I knew, that day, that this simple smile would mean something to me later on. I did not know, however, how my life was about to change. No. If I had known, had even the smallest of guesses, I would not have returned the smile. I would not have taken him by the hand, and let him lead me away. If I had known, I would not have allowed myself to get me where I am today. I would not have allowed you to stand so tall.
                But I did make the mistake. I allowed you in, and I let you take control. That simple smile, on a day so far in the past, destroyed all that I had known. For something that once made me so happy, why it brings me to tears each day. I had made the mistake of faltering at your smile, of trusting your smile, and accepting your smile. Now I must pay for what is truly noone’s fault but my own.
                And there you stand, so gallant, so true. That smile rests upon your lips before yet another, and another. Will you ever stop? Will you ever have the grace to erase it from your lips? No? I thought not. Then I beg you now, prepare to have it erased by the hands of another. That smile can no longer exist. For, as long as that smile exists, the world will continue to crumble.

© 2009 Tabitha


Author's Note

Tabitha
It's nothing special, just some random writing, a little bit of practice. I was bored, and this is what came to mind. Hope you like it :-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was pretty good. It made me think, people smile everyday for different reasons. Some are true, some are fake, some are devious. And yet, the same smile means so many thinks to people to. Makes one happy, gives one courage, makes someones day with just one grin.
Really good, thoughtful piece. Great work =]

---Niki

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on October 21, 2009

Author

Tabitha
Tabitha

MA



About
I am 18 years old, and a freshman in college. I have been writing since first grade and plan to be the next J.K. Rowling. My writing is my life, and I plan on it taking me far. I am here to better .. more..

Writing