The life force that beckons.

The life force that beckons.

A Story by Sun Fox
"

My standpoint on a Native American Rite of Passage known simply as "Hunkapi."

"

         The best way to keep your world turning: adopting family until everyone's one big happy family. It’s called "Hunkapi" and its an actual rite of passage that the Native Americans commit to one another and people they know nothing about --- you can teach and learn both at the same time and it can either help you grow or retard that growth and when you meet new people, and experience new things you learn new things and thus you grow into yourself just a little more fully than before you started to share yourself with other people. 

         It’s an amazing, selfless talent to call one a friend knowing there always the risk that that person can easily stab you in the back. Luckily I have grown used to the ones that do stab me and the ones that don't or haven’t yet, i will be prepared for it. 

         I don't trust easily, but yes I am quick to make a friend. Trust is earned. You become friends first and then you earn the trust of being able to communicate on a deeper level with a friend if they only so much as earn it. And upon completing hunkapi with them, they are your family �" nay, they are your Blood. 

         I raise my Doctor Who collector's edition coffee mug - and yes, I drink out of it - to you all who dare to call me family, to be the Blood of my Blood through the Water of Friendship, and whom none of which I could live without!

 

 

Thank you. 

© 2014 Sun Fox


Author's Note

Sun Fox
I only ask that you be truthful in your critique, as I value that above any other trait anyone could possibly offer me. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on December 26, 2014
Last Updated on December 26, 2014
Tags: the making of relatives, self-actualization, faith, family, blood is thicker than water but , family isn't just the people who

Author

Sun Fox
Sun Fox

Browns Mills, NJ



About
I am a Lightworker at Truth Seekers on Facebook, an Abstract Authoress of spiritual, empowering and what I feel would be classified as metaphysically kaleidoscopic literary works. I am not so prideful.. more..

Writing