"The Invisible Man"

"The Invisible Man"

A Screenplay by Tammy
"

This is a T.V Series that I am writing. It's great!. I created myself. RATING: PG-13... SEASON 1 Ep1 (Alex is the main character, his parents are Harriet and Myles)

"

                          EPISODE 1: “Rilot”




Alex: (talking to the screen) Hi, you might not know who I am, but I am an important person. Why?, you may ask. Find out.


(Goes back to his room)


Alex: So this is my room. I love being in here. Even though my mom and dad are living here too. I love them though. Let’s go downstairs.


(Goes downstairs)



Alex: As you can see, it is not a big house. But I am happy where we live. Here are my parents:



Harriet: (interrupting)  Honey, who are you talking to? Anyways, can you help with the dishes?


(Off screen now)


Alex: Sure mom.


Harriet: Thanks honey… by the way, how is school going?


Alex: Its’ going good.


Harriet: Good?... you mean well?. Proper grammar honey. (smiles)


Alex: Mom! (smiles).


Harriet: Well, I hope you are taking it seriously. (putting the bowls away)


Alex: I will ( standing)


Harriet: Good.


Alex: Can I go now?


Harriet: Sure… have fun at school.


Alex: Okay.


Harriet: Honey, your bag is upstairs.


Alex: Right… I’ll go grab it. Bye.


Harriet: Bye honey.


(Alex going upstairs)


Alex: ( on screen) “in room”  now you have met my mom. She’s great. She’s a work at home mom. I do appreciate what she does. You haven’t met my dad yet though. He’s at work. He leaves early. Anyways, I got to go to school. See you there. *waves*


(THEME SONG)



 <At school>



Alex: (on screen) This is my high school. I am a freshman. I do not have any friends though. I hope I do though. I take four classes here. I know it’s not a lot. This school is different from others.



(Off screen)


Principal: Attention students!. We have an announcement. (in the middle of the hallway)


Other student: What’s your announcement?... You're getting divorced? (laughed; with his friends)


Principal: No sir… as I was saying, my announcement is that we have a new student who is from France.


Other Student: Does she like eating snails? (laughs; with his friends)


Principal: Detention!!, this afternoon at 3.


Alex: (on screen) That student is always giving the principal a hard time. I don’t know that student's name though. I wonder if this new student is nice. We’ll see.


(Off screen)


Principal: Again… we have a new student who is from France. His name is John. (brings the student up;holding his shoulders). I hope you make him welcome. (towards John) good luck today John!. *leaves*


Alex: (on screen) Wow!... France is quite far from here. I’ll go introduce myself.


(Alex walks towards the student) *but then other students bumped into him, to see the new student*


Alex: Hey!... fine… what’s so cool about a european person anyways? (annoyed) *leaves*.


Other Student: (talking to his friends) I have a feeling we can make friends with the poor old John (evil smile)




<During Lunch>


(There were a lot of students there. This was 3rd lunch. The cafeteria was big.)


Alex: (on screen) I don’t know where to sit. I don’t really have any good friends. I always seem to sit by myself. I am surprised no one even cares to sit with me, since I am all alone.

(Alex found a table, but then saw John coming to the cafeteria)


Alex: (in head) I hope John sits next to me. He and I are both alone, and have no friends. I’ll go up to him.


(John is buying lunch)


Alex: (walks up to him) Hi um, I am Alex. I heard you were new. Want to sit next to me?. I am all alone.


John: (faces Alex) Hi um, Alex. I am John. I am from France. It is nice meeting you, but I am sitting next to those guys over there. (pointing towards them). I’m sorry. I’ll see you next time. *goes to pay for his meal*.


Alex: (shocked) what?.... He is hanging out with the bullies!. This can’t be. I know they'll be up to no good.


(So Alex went back to his seat, all alone. He felt bad no one would go sit with him. He did feel lonely, from not having friends. He is shy sometimes, but he tried making friends with John.)




<Alex’s Home>


(Alex walks in sad)


Harriet: Hi honey, how was school?


Alex: (upset) it’s okay. But there is this new student who is from France.


Harriet: Oh!... tell me more…. Did you meet him?


Alex: (trying hard to explain) Well, I tried too, but he is now hanging out with the bullies.


Harriet: (walks up to Alex) Aw!, I know you feel lonely. I hope one day, you’ll meet someone. But just make sure, you don’t let anyone treat you differently.


(Alex’s dad comes in)


Alex: (on screen) so this is my dad. He works outside of the house. He is a hard worker. My dad knows a lot about injustice situations. He works for a company that deals with discrimination and social security forms.


(Off screen)


Myles: Hi Alex, how are you doing?


Alex: I’m okay…


Harriet: Alex just met this new kid in school. But he is hanging out with the bullies.


Myles: Oh. That is a bummer. I know you’ll make a friend some day. I mean, look at you… who wouldn’t want to be friends with you?. You are great. You are very caring to other people. Remember this Alex… you make sure everyone is treated fairly and no one gets left behind.


Alex: (gives him a hug) Thanks Dad.


Myles: Aw!, no problem sweety.


Harriet: Anyways, um, dinner will be right up. I am still finishing up.


Alex: ( lets go of the hug) Want me to help with the dishes after?


Harriet: Thank you honey, I would greatly appreciate that.


Myles: See… you are very caring. Don’t worry… you’ll meet someone who will like you, for you. I have to go upstairs and do some work. Call me when dinner is ready. *leaves*


Harriet: ( stares at her husband going up the stairs)


Alex: Are you okay mom?


Harriet: Oh just nothing… *leaves* (annoyed)


(Alex is wondering if her mom is okay. He is suspicious if something is going on)



^After dinner^


Myles: Thank you dear, for the delicious meal. I know you worked hard on it.


Harriet: Thanks my love. I did work hard on it. Now Alex, are you going to help me with the dishes?


Alex: Sure, I’ll help.


Myles: I’ll go do some of my work. *leaves* (but got interrupted)


Alex: Are you sure you do not want to help mom out, dad?


Myles: Well, I have work and I need to earn some income.


Alex: (walks up to him) well how about earning some respect for your wife and help. I bet she’ll ‘appreciate’ that.


Harriet: (staring at her husband)


Myles: Oh fine….


Alex: Great!

















< Next Day at School>

(Joseph, Brad and Tyler are the bullies. Joseph is the one that bullied the principal.)


John: Hi guys.


Tyler: Here we go.


Brad: Let’s go.


John: Where are you guys going?


Brad: Oh no where… come with us.

John: Okay (smiles)


*They go inside a janitor’s closet*


John: Why are we in here?


Tyler: We are in here because we want to be friends.


Brad: We are, we did have lunch yesterday.


Tyler: We have another person coming too.


John: Who? (confused)


Brad: Shut your mouth, okay…. We do not want teachers hearing us. (covers his mouth)


John: (mumbles)


*There's a knock on the door*


Brad: Who is it?


Joseph: It’s Joseph. Let me in…. Hurry.


Tyler: (lets go of John's mouth). Come in.


*Joseph comes in*


Joseph: Who’s the new dude?


Brad: The new dude is an international student. He is new to this school. He is from France.


Joseph: Oh yeah, the little snail eater.


John: No.


Joseph: What did you say?

John: Nothing. (nervous)


Joseph: Good… so anyways John… welcome to bad club. I’m the leader. Brad and Tyler are with me. They are great. The principal can’t stand us. I already had my detention. I get 10 of them every week. I’m just a bad boy.


John: Oh.


Brad: We want you to join us.


Joseph: Yes, join us.


Tyler: Yes…


John: I do not know.


Joseph: I know what can change your mind…. You get to get others in trouble.


Tyler: Yes, you can. We’ll help you get them in trouble.


John: I do not know. This does not seem right.


Tyler: Uh!, I know this kid wasn’t worth it.


John: What did you say? (getting angry)


Tyler: Are you okay?


Brad: If you want to feel worthed, then join us.


Joseph: Yes, join us. It would be great.


John: (thinks through it) Okay, I’ll join.


Joseph: Perfect. (shakes hands)


Tyler: Now leave… (pushes him out)


John: ow!. (looks behind)

Brad: We will see you later.


John: (looks to the front) Okay then. I guess I will see you later. (walks away from the closet). *accidentally bumps into Alex*



Alex: Oh, I am so sorry. Are you okay?.... (looks up) oh… Hi John…


John: Sorry about that. I accidentally dropped my books.


Alex: No worries….. So how are you doing?


John: Good. I guess.


Alex: Good?. Have you made any friends?


John: Yup, I certainly have. I have to go now…. *leaves*


Alex: Okay then… bye… *walks forward* *walks past the janitor’s closet*.


(Screen to the closet)


Brad: (opens the door) Perfect….


Joseph: What?


Brad: We know what we can do between those two.


Tyler: I just came up with an idea.


Joseph: Great!. (closes the door)




^In The Classroom^


Alex: My freshman year. I hope it goes well.


Ms.Laine: Hi I am Ms.Laine, I am assuming you are Alex.

Alex: Yes, I am. It is nice meeting you.


Ms.Laine: Great, have a seat anywhere. We’ll start class very soon.


Alex: (on screen) This seems like a nice room. This class is English. In my schedule, I have her for the 2nd block. I hope she is kind. ( has a seat)


*5 minutes have passed*


(Ms.Laine is introducing herself to students that come in)


Ms.Laine: Hi what is your name?


John: My name is John.


Alex: (looks up) John?.


John: Hi Alex.


Ms.Laine: It seems like you two know each other.


John: I’ll go to my seat now, thank you.


Alex: (in head) John is in this class?


^5 minutes have passed^


Ms.Laine: So it seems like everyone is here. Let me check my attendance… but I am not good with computers. (some students laughed). I also speak great Spanish as well, but I don't do that a lot here.


John: Hi Alex.


Alex: (does not hear)


Ms.Laine: (checked the attendance) Yup, everyone is here. How is everyone doing today?... no words, come on.


John: (he spoke) Hi.


Ms.Laine: Finally, we have someone who wants to speak…. I forgot to introduce the new student, John to you guys…. Why don’t you come to the front, if you want.


John: Okay (kinda nervous)


*John is in the front of the class*


John: Hi everyone, uh, I am John. I am an international student from France. I have to say the U.S is okay so far. The meals in the U.S are definitely different from France.


Ms.Laine: Where in France, did you live?


John: I lived in Paris.


Ms.Laine: Ooh… that sounds beautiful… My husband and I went there before. It was out of this world. We saw the wonderful Eiffel Tower.


Alex: Sure you did.


Ms.Laine: (looking at Alex) Excuse me.


Alex: Nothing…. I bet France was a blast.


Ms.Laine: Okay, thank you John, for introducing yourself to the class…. Now today we are going to go over our class expectations.


John: (sits back down)


Alex: (putting his head down)


Ms.Laine: Alex, make sure you are paying attention.


Alex: Yes, Ms.Laine.


Ms.Laine: Ooh. I like that..


(During class, the three bullies see Alex and John in a classroom)


Joseph: Great… We’ll have time to do this…. Move out.

Tyler: Let’s go!



“In the boys bathroom”


Brad: So what’s the plan?


Tyler: I’ll write a note, and we’ll have John put it in Alex’s locker.


Joseph: You guys do that… I have to go to class.


Brad and Tyler: (giving a curious face)


Joseph: Oh you know, I am not going to do anything.


Brad and Tyler: (look at each other)


Joseph: Oh… I have another plan (whispers)




*School Ends*


Alex: I have to catch the bus now. I do not want to miss it. I am on bus 12.


(Alex goes on the bus.)


Alex: (on screen) This is my bus driver. She seems nice. I am the very first stop. Luckily, I do not have to deal with all the rowdy students in the back. I’m usually in the front.


<Alex’s Home>


Alex: Hello. Mom?, Dad?. Where are you guys?.


*There's a note on the kitchen table*


Alex: I guess I’ll check the kitchen (walks).... What’s this? A note.


*The note said*



‘ Hi Alex, Dad and I went out for a bit, there are some leftovers in the fridge for dinner. We won’t be long. I hope school went well today.


Love you!,

Mom and Dad ‘


Alex: So I guess I am alone for tonight. Well… I might as well do some homework. I’ll go upstairs.

















<John’s House>


Jarriett: Hi John, how was school?


John: It was okay.


Jarriett: Well, did you meet any new people?


John: Yes (sitting on the couch), I have some boys named Brad, Tyler, Joseph and Alex.


Jarriett: (sits next to him) Are they nice?


John: Well?


Jarriett: Well what?.


John: The three boys aren’t so nice to me.


Jarriett: Well be careful with friends. It's hard making friends, when you move to a different place. Just be careful, I worry about you son. I know you’ll find that right person.


John: Thanks dad…

Jarriett: I’ll go get dinner ready.


John: Okay (stands up). I’m going to do some homework.


Jarriett: That’s my boy.


John: Dad?


Jarriett: Fine *leaves*


(John goes to his room, John is kinda a messy person)


John: Now I have some homework to do.


(During homework, John gets a message from Tyler)


John: I thought my phone was off. How did he get my number? (reads the message).... This doesn’t seem good.


Jarriett: Dinner son! (calling from downstairs)


John: Okay! (responding to his dad). ( John replys quickly)

































<Next Day at School>



John: I do not want to do this? (talking to the bullies)


Joseph (one of the bullies): You have too!. I command you.


Brad: Are you worried you are going to get into trouble?


John: Yes…. I don’t think this is right?!


Brad: For us, it is. Now come on!.


Joseph: You’ll be fine.


(Tyler comes along)


Tyler: Okay I have it… you ready? (evil smile)


John: No!. I am not. (shy)


Brad: Do it!! (raising his voice)


John: (does what he was told)


Joseph: Perfect (evil smile), now let’s see how he reacts. Move out!


*Brad, John, Joseph and Tyler left*

*John feels bad*


John: So uh, what did the note say? (worried)


Tyler: You don’t need to know.


Brad: Yeah… You’ll find out soon enough.


(The boys all looked at each other, smiled)


Alex: (on screen) so here I am at school again. It is raining outside. Luckily, I take the bus. This school ends around 1. I know it’s early. I am going to my locker now. I have to put some of my books in there and get something private. (walks up to her locker) *opens it*.


Alex: What is this?... a note. (reads it)



*The note said*


“ Hi Alex,

If you are reading this, this means we know something is going on between you and John. We won’t tell anyone. The whole school knows about it.

Bye… “



Alex: What??. What does this mean?.


Random student: (comes) Is it true you have feelings for John?


Alex: What?. No…


Random student: I heard otherwise. See you later, love boy. (laughs) *leaves*


Alex: What?. I do not have a crush on John… What do I do now?


Another random student: Oh yeah, John and Alex sitting in a tree….


Alex: Stop!


Another random student: Fine… by love bird.


Alex: (stares at the note)




(BREAK)



<School>


Alex: (off screen) What do I do now?. I do not have a crush on John. This is a lie. I have to do something about it. But who would do this?... huh…. The bullies!. I knew it! (angerly), I’ll go find them. (starts walking fast paced).


*Luckily, Alex had class with the bullies, first block*.


Alex: (in head) I have to keep calm…. (see’s John in the classroom) oh no, John is in this class. This should be great (sarcastic).


Ms.Laine: Alright class, welcome again. I am glad everyone is here. Being on time is key. Let me take attendance.


Alex: (on screen) Ms.Laine is our English teacher, but she speaks Spanish fluently. She’s awesome.


Ms.Laine: Okay… (looks at all the students) hmm…. Tyler and Brad are you supposed to be in this class?. You are not on my attendance sheet. I haven’t seen you in my previous classes.


Tyler: (tells a lie) Yes ma’am, we are in this class. Brad and I just got put in this class. Our guidance counselor, just put us in, but takes a while to be put in the system.


Ms.Laine: (confused) Okay then… um…. Class we will continue on what we have learned about.


Tyler: (speaking to Brad) Hey, we just told a lie to the teacher. They’ll never know why we are in this class.


Brad: (talking to Tyler) I know dude. Here is what I am going to do. (gets something out of his bag)


John: (his head) What ever could be the thing that is on the note?. At least Alex is here, he seems nice.


Ms.Laine: (teaching) That is why William Shakespeare and Mark Twain were great authors (sees something in the class).... Excuse me sir. What are you doing?


Alex: (turns his head) Yeah, what are you doing?. (serious)


Tyler: You know why, love boy.


Alex: What? 


John: Huh oh. (puts his hands towards his head)


Ms.Laine: Tyler please give me that, that is not allowed in the classroom. It is very disruptive.


Alex: Please give it to her!


Ms.Laine: Thank You Alex, I appreciate your help but, I can handle this.


Brad: We know your secret John!


John: What?


Alex: What?


John: What on earth are you talking about?


Tyler: Like you do not know.


John: No!


Brad: Well, remember when you put something in someone's locker.


John: Yes… (worried).... What about that?


Brad: Well…. Alex…. John has a crush on you….. It was his idea to put that card in there.


Alex: (eyes wide)


John: (facing Alex) Alex, I didn't mean to…. They forced me. I am very sorry.


Alex: What?. Why would you do that?


John: I am sorry!. You know those bullies.


Alex: That is true….


Brad: Okay… let's do it now.


Ms.Laine: Brad, please leave this classroom. I’ll report you to the principal. This is not appropriate behavior.


(The other classmates watched what was going on)


John: I am sorry Alex. Please forgive me.


Alex: I don't know John…. (feels something coming towards them)..... (gets up fast)..... You do not hurt John or I. You leave this classroom right now.


Brad: Okay then…. (explodes it towards Alex).....


The whole class: Ooh!!


Ms.Laine: (very furious) Brad, Tyler to the principal now!.


John: (stands up) I am so sorry Alex. Are you okay? (giving his hands towards Alex)


Alex: (in head) I don’t know what to do now. I can’t stand these bullies. What should I do about John.


Ms.Laine: Alex, are you okay?. Do you need help?.


Alex: I am fine. May I be excused, to wipe down myself?


Ms.Laine: Absolutely. Go right ahead.


Alex: Thank You. I appreciate it. *leaves the classroom*


Ms.Laine: Now… everyone please have a seat.


(Everyone sits)


Ms.Laine: Now...as I was saying...


John: (in head) I feel bad for Alex. I never meant to hurt him.  What’s going to happen next?. I guess that bullies aren’t the right friends for me, if they hurt everyone else. They almost tried to hurt me, but Alex stood right in for me.



*In the bathroom area*


Alex: I can’t believe John would do that!. I mean, I know those bullies are no good. I wonder now if he is worried about me.


(grabs a paper towel and pour some water on it, from the sink)


Alex: (wipes his face) Why would the bullies do that?. I mean, they squirted colored glue towards my face, with their toy gun. At least, I stood up for John. I am proud of that though. (done wiping).


Janitor: (coming in) Oh Hi. How are you doing?


Alex: Nothing much.  A couple of bullies squirted colored glue on my face.


Janitor: That sucks.


Alex: Excuse me…


Janitor: Oh sorry my language…. I mean, sorry about that.


Alex: Yeah, I mean… I stood up for someone, a student.


Janitor: That is good. That shows how good of a person you are.



Alex: Anyways, I got to go back to class.


Janitor: Goodbye (waves)


Alex: *leaves the bathroom*  (in head) He seems nice. But why would he be cleaning in the middle of the day?. I don’t know.


(During his walk to the classroom, Alex sees the Brad and Tyler)


Alex: (whispers to himself) Those two, (gets behind the wall).


Brad: Okay.. we’ll just tell Ms.Laine that we went to the principal…. She’ll never figure it out. 


Alex: (hears everything, still behind a wall) Oh no.


Brad: Did you hear something?


Tyler: What?


Alex: (walks further away) (in head) I have to be careful. I’ll run for the classroom quickly.


Tyler: Anyways, let's tell her a lie. Smart.


Alex: (goes back to the classroom)


Ms.Laine: (sees Alex) Hi Alex, I am glad you can join us again. (watches him having a seat)


Alex: (in head) Okay… I am good now. Should I tell Ms.Laine about the bullies?


Ms.Laine: (walks up to Alex) (whispers) Alex, I am very sorry what happened, you let me know if you ever need help. I’m here for you, okay….. So here is the assignment, it’s okay if you do not finish. Here are the notes. *leaves and goes to her small desk*


Alex: (on screen) *whispers* I knew she was a good teacher. I just hope the bullies get here, or they are going to miss this assignment.


(3 minutes have passed)


Tyler: (comes in) Sorry mis. We had a talk with the principal.


Ms.Laine: Good. (sitting) Now go back to your seat, and I’ll hand you the notes and the assignment.


(Tyler and Brad walk to their seats)


Alex: (stared at John)


John: (stared at Alex)


Ms.Laine: (Looked at both of them)


Tyler: (made a evil smile)


Brad: (did the same thing)


Ms.Laine: (handed Brad and Tyler the notes and assignment)

*After Class*



Alex: Okay. I got done with that class. It is still the morning. Next, I have Math. Luckily, none of them are in that one.


John: (see’s Alex walking in front of him)


Brad: John!


John: (looks at Brad)


Brad: (walking towards him), come on, ignore the glue boy.


John: No!. I do not want to go!. I am sick and tired of you guys hurting other people.


Tyler: John… You know what we have told you, if you hang out with someone else without our permission, then you have to wear just underwear to school.


Brad: Come on (grabs his shoulders, turns him around, away from Alex)


John: (in head) Great, now I am with these people. I just know Alex is the one I want to be friends with, just as friends. (frowning face)


Random student: Hey John, we heard you have a crush on Alex.


John: (speaks up) I do not!


Random student: Okay… sure…. Everyone knows. *walks past*


John: (in head) What have I got into?... Everyone is now staring at me. Alex probably hates me.




<John’s House> *school ended*


John: I am finally home, away from the bullies. I can not take them anymore. I am going to my room.


Jarriett: Hey son, how was school?. How are the bullies?


John: Not good dad. Brad and Tyler squirted Alex with colored glue with a toy gun. I do not know what to do.


Jarriett: I am sorry John. Is Alex your friend?.


John: I don’t know.


Jarriett: Well, you know who your friends are, right.?


John: Well, I am not sure. I have trouble with this type of thing.


Jarriett: I know… it means…. you make sure everyone is treated fairly and no one gets left behind.


John: Oh….


Jarriett: (gives him a hug) *30 seconds*


John: Thanks Dad…. (lets go of the hug) I’m going to think through this.


Jarriett: Great. I know you’ll do the right thing. I am here for you…. I know it’s hard being in a new school. I know mom would be proud of you.


John: Yeah… I miss her.


Jarriett: Me too… she’ll still be in our hearts.


John: *leaves*


Jarriett: (in head) I know John will do the right thing.




<Alex’s House>


Alex: So that is what happened… uh.


Myles: I am sorry that happened.


Harriet: You stood up for your friend.


Alex: I do not know if he is my friend.


Harriet: Alex?


Alex: What?.


Harriet: Remember what your dad told you….


Myles:  You make sure everyone is treated fairly and no one gets left behind.


Alex: I know… it’s just lots of things happening. It’s hard… I’m heading up stairs. Thank You for dinner. *leaves*


Myle: Wow...


Harriet: I feel bad.


Myles: I do too… But it’s up to him to decide what to do…. We can help, but he has to decide on his own.


Harriet: Yeah. I agree.



<John’s House>


*John is in his room*


John: Okay… so now I have to do this and this. (doing homework). This is harder than I thought. I know my dad won’t be able to help, because he told me before. Who is good at English?.... I’ll look online…


*John goes online and searches on social media, but then got caught up on Alex’s account.*


John: Wow. I did not know he had an account. I do not know if I should ask him. (scrolling through his account). He looks like a nice person. I bet he is lonely. I am lonely too.


(John finally messages Alex)


John: I did it. We’ll see how it goes. I hope he is not mad at me. I’m not good at this.


*Phone ranged- ‘You have a message from Alex F.’*


John: (Shocked) ooh!!





END OF SEASON 1 EPISODE 1.

© 2020 Tammy


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

If you are going to write for the screen there's a lot more to it than recording conversation as you do here. This doesn't, I'm afraid, resemble a screenplay. Take a look at some examples oft actual screenplays here:
https://www.scriptreaderpro.com/screenplay-example/

But there's a lot more to it. To write for the camera you need to know the technical side of the business, like camera usage, what order the scenes are shot in to save money and the other professional skills.

Basically, and I hate to be a killjoy, writing a screenplay is a profession, and a damn hard one to master, for more reasons than I have the room to define here. But for starters, I'd suggest reading a few good books on the professional techniques you need.

I know this is terrible news, but it is the world you're writing for. And if you have any hope of selling a script your competition is the people who know the profession, both the writing and the business side.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
1 Review
Added on April 16, 2020
Last Updated on April 16, 2020
Tags: story, tv, tv show, new series, tv series

Author