Her Soul Was & Still Will Be

Her Soul Was & Still Will Be

A Story by Tammy Trieu
"

How he found her love and cared for her soul...

"

I ran there, not knowing where I was going and clueless, yet I knew exactly where she was. A feeling. I ran fast enough to feel a shiver through my spine in the hot summer weather, but time slowed and so did my soul. No, my soul did not decelerate. In fact, it came to a complete stop but my speed forced it to trail behind what felt like a heavy shell of skin. A feeling so unexplainable, that couldn’t possibly be brought to view. My body moved steadily but my soul clenched onto whatever passed, and refused to be inflicted by the excruciating pain that I could feel approaching. When I came to the hellhole, I saw another weightless shell. But, what I saw hurt me more than my own reflection. I had something she didn’t, a soul. Yes, the thing that had no choice but to drag itself there only to witness a blind spot for many. Why her? Why out of the remaining souls on Earth, she had been chosen? Right then, I knelt to hold her trembling and bruised being. To her, my sweaty hands were the last things she could think of. I caught a mere glimpse of the horror in her eyes. She let out a cry for help. A sound I did not know such a powerful woman as she, could produce. It wasn’t loud but it snapped my soul that just then drifted through the door, in half. It was the sound of a suppressed fear and anger-filled bottle being opened. I could see her staring into my eyes as her lip quivered menacingly. I grasped her damaged whole, fearing that if she kept staring she would lose herself. That she would somehow fall in, looking for whatever she was looking for. It choked me, her mind bled and bruised in unison with her body. I had nothing to give. I realized just like that a woman’s life isn’t only snatched away from her, but grounded into fragments beyond repair. I held her tightly, that with my body brushing against hers, she would feel protected. All my senses were engulfed by a sea of piercing pains. All I could perceive was the corner with what seemed like thousands of ropes which were used to choke up her future. All I could hear was regret, bottled up by her weeping. The pains of knowing the inability to change the flashing past were expressed by shrieks and troubled breathing. All I could physically detect were her hands on my shoulders, which would now have to hold a forever throbbing pain. But more than this, I could sense the sharpness of a million knives stabbing and slicing off molecule after molecule of an already broken heart. This sea of piercing pains gave an overwhelming whiff that slapped me in and out of reality in a matter of milliseconds. And that was only what I was able to feel by just holding her. What she felt, must’ve been so much more. I have never been so sure in the entirety of my existence. Her story could be seen through the translucent liquid drops that embodied the heart wrenching reminder of that day as they rolled down her cheek. All I could say was, “You will get through this.” Such empty words I regretted ever saying. Because even I knew, she would never be able to. The aftermath was what seemed to me a battlefield that stretched farther than the average human eye could see, something impossible to surpass. She would now have to cross it, an underlying obstacle in her life (if it even feels like living anymore) only to reach a second hell. I wanted to love her, somehow take her grief and give it to myself so that she would feel safe. If only she could’ve handed over the burden to me. But no woman that had just been tied and chained up could ever feel a sense of safety ever again. I guess tragedy changes us in the most awful ways at the most awful times. Just when, we think we have our s**t together. When we finally feel there’s a chance in this s**t world we stand on, it’s snatched away and is replaced with torment and more torment. So we cried together. I shed tears so that she can take them to make her own. I realized that the only love you can find in this kind of world is the kind that originates from pain. 

© 2014 Tammy Trieu


Author's Note

Tammy Trieu
This is a on-the-spot short. I was in the mood to write a sob story in a male's POV kind of thing and if you can't already tell, i definitely tried to incorporate lots of feeling and imagery. This title isn't definite but enjoy. There might be a lot of problems or mistakes, but please consider that i am not an active writer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on June 13, 2014
Last Updated on June 13, 2014
Tags: two souls, souls, life, death, emotion, sad, sadness, story, imagery, emotional, fiction, rape, depression, love, romance, drama, women, inspiration, hell, fear

Author

Tammy Trieu
Tammy Trieu

CA



About
high school sophomore when i feel like releasing bottled up feelings, i like letting my imagination linger with ink on paper. more..