Vanish Into Thin Air

Vanish Into Thin Air

A Story by Sunflower
"

Use of Shakespeare's words within my own story for English 12 Honors at Garrett High School. The bold words are words from Shakespeare.

"

Vanish Into Thin Air

            Love is blind and caused her heart to break. Love caused her to go mad. After two years of a wonderful relationship, fate ended it all. A car crash that killed her fiancé and her hope at true happiness left her with nothing but a stinging pain in her heart and questions in her mind. She questioned her life and wondered why she was left to the world alone. She escaped, out of the jaws of death, living from the murderous scene while her love faded to nothing. Why was it that her true love was stolen from her from right beside her? She was left to bare this pain of an extinguished love, ripped from her in the bliss of her life. No one should have to bring sweets to the sweet come the ring of a sad song at a funeral.

            Zarenayya kept a diary record of how the course of true love never did run smooth. She cried every night while lying in her now empty bed. The nightmares of the past kept pulling her heart astray of God, and towards the Devil. The game is up, and her love turned to hate as the devil begin to take control. The devil can cite scripture for his own purposes, and Zarenayya was there in this sorrow as proof.

             The remembrance of things past caused Zarenayya to begin to self-harm and take matches to her skin. She was under the Devil’s spell, and her heart caused her mind to be just too far-gone to stay sane. Zarenayya had lost her mind for her heart was pulling her to the darkness. The Devil had her right where he wanted her. The Devil had her walking down a road one night, and Zarenayya meet a stranger in a dark coat. Hereby hangs a tale, the strange man had been drinking, and offered some to her. Zarenayya had never drunk alcohol before, however she looked at the stranger and whispered, “I wear my heart on my sleeve, my heart is as steel.” With the final word ‘steel’ still ringing in the darkness, Zarenayya took the bottle with less than half of the bottle gone, and she drank it.

            She walked with the stranger for more than two hours. Zarenayya finished the bottle, never giving it back. That’s when the stranger took his hood of his coat off. Zarenayya could tell this man was different than the others. He looked as though he was familiar but not quite. Zarenayya realized then who it was, it was no stranger, it was her fiancé’s brother who had went into hiding once her love had passed. Zarenayya needed out of there so she took off running. ‘What’s done is done,’ she kept thinking to herself. A thought occurred to her one she should have just pushed away, but they stumble that run fast.

            Her sister had been into trouble for the longest time, due to things Zarenayya never would have even talked about. What her sister did made her happy though; maybe it would help Zarenayya as well. She showed up to her sisters begging for a way out of this mess. Her sister would not just give her what she was asking for though; Zarenayya would have to pay for it. Fifty dollars up front or there would be no deal; Zarenayya did not even hesitate. At the turning o’ the tide, Zarenayya had become a constant drunk, and had herself under the control of drugs. The Devil had a smile on his face though; she was in the palm of his hands.

            Zarenayya had lost herself to try to fix her broken heart with hiding her pain from herself. To thine own self be true, and Zarenayya could not even remember who she was anymore. She had scars on almost every inch of her body, but it is hard for them to become scars when she was still cutting. She wanted it to all just stop. Tears streaming down her face, she screams into the dark nothingness that had consumed her,” To be or not to be, that is the question!” She had realized her life was not worth it; she had no reason to continue on. She couldn’t take it anymore; nothing works or makes her want to stay in this life any longer.

            People are the masters of their fate, and Zarenayya knew exactly what to do. She got in a car for the first time since she had been in the accident with her fiancé. As Zarenayya sat in the drivers seat, she could feel the presence of her love reassuring her that this is what will make her finally at peace with what had happened. She drove for an hour to the same spot as the accident, she took a breath and looked in the rear view mirror. Zarenayya saw her love in the back seat; she swore he was really there. As the Devil took over the steering wheel, Zarenayya saw her love disappear for the final time. In that moment Zarenayya flew from the vehicle, glass stabbing through her heart, as she landed in the same spot as her true love had. Zarenayya had one final though through her mind on that March day, ‘Death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.’

© 2013 Sunflower


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is really good. I was going to have my person kill herself at the end of my story, too! That's just weird. -.- Anyway, I'm super jealous and you did a really good job. Also, are we allowed to use one of the lines from Shakespeare as our title???

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sunflower

10 Years Ago

yes you can, and thanks I did this by myself since justice skipped today and didn't do anything but .. read more
Kiara

10 Years Ago

Well I like it. :) You're gonna scare Mrs. Walls though
Sunflower

10 Years Ago

oh my i know! my last paper being like this too! lol and thanks



Reviews

This is really good. I was going to have my person kill herself at the end of my story, too! That's just weird. -.- Anyway, I'm super jealous and you did a really good job. Also, are we allowed to use one of the lines from Shakespeare as our title???

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sunflower

10 Years Ago

yes you can, and thanks I did this by myself since justice skipped today and didn't do anything but .. read more
Kiara

10 Years Ago

Well I like it. :) You're gonna scare Mrs. Walls though
Sunflower

10 Years Ago

oh my i know! my last paper being like this too! lol and thanks

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Added on November 7, 2013
Last Updated on November 7, 2013
Tags: car crash, true love, death, sadness, cutting, drugs, alcohol

Author

Sunflower
Sunflower

Kendallville, IN



About
27. About to be divorced from my abuser. Trying to heal, and still searching to find who my true self is and where my soul feels peace. My life is a constant battle of how tough can I truly be. I have.. more..

Writing
IV end IV end

A Poem by Sunflower


How. Is. How. Is.

A Poem by Sunflower