Monarch Butterflies

Monarch Butterflies

A Story by Fire&Ice
"

I have a beautiful, dream-like memory woven into the electrical chutes and ladders of my psyche.

"
A four year old, tiny little pale thing dips her brand new skin into ice-cold waters. She seems to absorb its energy as the sensation of cold travels through her small frame. "Princess!" her father calls to her. The little blonde doll swishes her feet in the swirling river rocks a few more times and turns to follow her father's call. As the family puts all of their belongings in the car, the little girl cannot help but admire all of the beautiful butterflies floating around her. Monarch butterflies surround the family, fluttering in the direction that their car will soon go. The father picks up the young girl and tucks her into the car safely. As they begin to move home, the butterflies follow. The young girl smiles with pale pink, tulip-like lips as one of the Monarch butterflies follows her home. 

© 2014 Fire&Ice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very cool piece!! ...............

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 1, 2014
Last Updated on July 1, 2014
Tags: butterflies, youth, rivers, nature, beauty, family, monarch

Author

Fire&Ice
Fire&Ice

MA



About
"You've got enemies? Good. That means you actually stood up for something in your life." more..

Writing
My Room My Room

A Poem by Fire&Ice


Whispers Whispers

A Poem by Fire&Ice