Dear Vacation

Dear Vacation

A Story by Tina B
"

A Dear John letter to my Hawaiian vacation.

"
Dear Vacation-

This is the hardest letter I’ve ever had to write. I’m not even sure where to begin.

First, let me say, it’s not you. It’s me. You truly were the best time I’ve had in years, and I hate to break up with you.

I should have told you earlier that I am involved with someone else. I have been working since I was 15 years old. I know, I know. It’s hard to believe. I certainly didn’t act like I had a responsibility in the world when we first met.

We sure had some good time though. I loved it when I first saw you 10 days ago. You set my spirit singing and my heart pounding. As the days went by and we spent every minute together, I grew to love you more and more. I’ll never forget all the wonderful dinners we had, all the sights we saw, and of course, that beach cabin by the ocean.

I can hear you now begging me to leave my job for you, that he will never appreciate me the way you can. You speak the truth; my job can never make me feel the way you do. I even thought about leaving him for you, but I just can’t turn my back on him. Plus, even though you are so exciting and vibrant, I’m afraid you are just not able to support me in the quality of life, such as eating and sleeping under a roof, which I have become accustomed to. It sounds so shallow to say it, but that’s the way it has to be.

I will miss you so much, vacation, and I am terribly sorry to hurt you like this.

I love you with all my heart, and I hope we can still be friends.

Tina B

© 2011 Tina B


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Toooo funny...glad i stumbled upon this...

PS: I'll take sloppy seconds on that...ive never been to Hawaii ...and I want to make my job...jealous !

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 20, 2011
Last Updated on July 20, 2011

Author

Tina B
Tina B

Gulf Breeze, FL



About
My name is Tina, and I'm a very novice writer. I enjoy putting my pen to paper more for the therapeutic effects than anything else. But I also like to learn how to better communicate through the wri.. more..

Writing
The Gift The Gift

A Story by Tina B