Memories

Memories

A Story by Tim Buckley

Tim Buckley

©2013

MEMORIES

 

 

            Memories are fragile links, gently entwining the past.  They are also the catalyst to the future.  Pebbles of doubt and fear, stones from triumph and trial, have now been formed by God, a solid foundation to His faithfulness.

            Memories are broken dreams, re-made by God to walk upon towards His higher goals.  Accomplishments yet undone stirred on by the past.  Success and failure blending into one motivation: to fulfill His purpose for my life.

            Memories are not all pleasant; yet, I wouldn’t part with a single one.  For, in them I see God’s hands mysteriously locked together--myself held tight in the middle--with each memory strengthening His grip, each one revealing the patient control His hands always had on my life.

            Now I go on in time and place, but I carry God’s love, gentleness, and integrity, encased, as it were, in my memories.

 

 

© 2013 Tim Buckley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You make good points, and, as always, your writing is excellent.
But I spend a great deal of time trying to block out my memories. Even the happy ones make me sad, because of what I no longer have.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
1 Review
Added on May 28, 2013
Last Updated on May 28, 2013
Tags: memories

Author

Tim Buckley
Tim Buckley

Seattle, WA



About
I'm a 60 year old writer in Seattle. I love short fiction--especially humor and satire--and strive for the "perfect" story. That's all for now; you can judge me by my work. more..

Writing
FrankenFly FrankenFly

A Story by Tim Buckley


Peeved Peeved

A Story by Tim Buckley