shoulders shrugging

shoulders shrugging

A Poem by Kevin McKenna

Sitting, watching. My shoes they're walking without me. What the f**k? The mirror has moved but I have not. Outside looking in sadness, mood swing lack in connection. Ignorant in the words I choose accidents of a universe. Swigs from the flask that's attatched to my hip. We're exploring the unknowing the emptiness sit back and have a drink. You can smoke if you want to. Coffee stains on the jeans, nicotine clinging to our sparkling whites. Baseball creap through the beat-up radio. Sitting in piss colored vinyl chairs wine glasses are our ash trays. Jesus hangs on a pedestal bloody and bruised. The dream of moral men.

© 2008 Kevin McKenna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We're exploring the unknowing the emptiness sit back and have a drink. You can smoke if you want to. Coffee stains on the jeans, nicotine clinging to our sparkling whites.

i love. its the view of immortality, to some extent. as if there is something to strive for but you never know youre there til the carpets taken from under your feet...



Posted 15 Years Ago


A nice dream, a reflective morality, an un-intruding appreciation for life lived fully, without regrets. Finding self-respect for one's own way offers the opportunity to give respect to all others' ways. Peace, brother- EllisD

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 28, 2008
Last Updated on August 28, 2008

Author

Kevin McKenna
Kevin McKenna

Chicago, IL



About
Poptimist. Optimist. Starry-eyed. Dreamer. People are my religion more..

Writing