Strange Dream

Strange Dream

A Story by TRISHA PRASAD
"

I was challenged to write a story with the prompt as window.

"

Dev`s POV

I was having a wonderful and peaceful sleep. I thought that nothing in this world can disturb my beauty sleep. But as usual I was  wrong! I was woken up with a jerk and the wind was knocked out of me. I immediately knew what or rather who it was. Yeah- my step sister Sneha.

 

I sat up suddenly , threw my sister off of me and glared at her as  I threw away my blanket and walked towards the bathroom to get clean.

 

Sneha`s POV

“Ha” I exclaimed.” He falls for it each time”. I smiled in success.

“Once you are ready, come down for breakfast. We are going to the fair today.” I shouted out to my brother. We are like step twins if there is something like that! “Whatever” He grumbled, still angry that I woke him up by jumping on him. But, he should be used to t by now it`s like a routine.

 

We quickly had our breakfast which consisted of sandwiches, fruits and an amazingly delicious chocolate milkshake. We left for the fair.

 

Dev`s POV

The drive to the fair was boring. But, I was excited because we were to meet up with Blair at the fair.  She is my best friend and it has been ages since I last saw her.

 

Leaving that aside , we have finally reached the fair! I did not actually show t but I am hell excited! I was looking around searching for…. “I asked that man there and he told me that Blair is inside the scary house” said my annoying sister as I sighed.“Wait how does he know Blair?” I asked, surprised.

 

“Well my dear bother” she said holding up my mobile “you see this ? it is called a phone or a mobile. It was invented to call people, send messages, play games, take pictures, shoot videos, store things and much more. There is a thing called gallery where pictures are stored. Blair`s picture as stored in the gallery. I showed it to that man and he told me what I wanted to know.” Sneha was pretty loud while stating the above and people were staring at us. I snatched my mobile from her , grumbling under my breath as I looked away embarrassed. HOW MUCH MORE ANNOYING CAN SHE GET?!?!?

 

We payed for our tickets and went into the fair. That was when I noticed that the place was fairly empty. I mean there were no people at all! No one apart from s! This was pretty surprising. Actually no, I have not heard of this place. Anyways….I don’t care!

 

We decided to go into the scary house instead of just waiting for Blair. Our parents stood outside while I and Sneha went in…

 

The entry to the scary house itself was pretty creepy. I walked in slightly afraid and was shocked to see Sneha this calm. As soon as we walked in we saw a huge window blocking our path. I thought that we must go through it. “Hey,I guess that window is the doorway to the next part. I mean look that is the only was inside’ said I to my sister. So, I put my hands forward to push the window open.

 

Sneha`s POV

Sadly , my dear brother as too weak to open the window, His face was read due to the way he was trying to pry the window open. I looked around and realized that there was a bolt on one end . I giggled and then went and flicked the lock open. Dev went flying behind due to the force he was applying. I laughed so hard but i was stopped short when I felt something pull me.  Both of us were then pulled into the window. I felt drowse and couldn`t keep my eyes open any longer. Everything turned black!

 

I opened my eyes just to look into a familiar pair of eyes. I jumped up frightened and looked the person- my brother- up and down and screamed. That was because except for his hair, he looked exactly like a girl! He was wearing a blue frock, he had on makeup and was wearing  per headband on his nearly hairless head! My screams slowly turned into a fit of laughter. My brother looked at me confused and then he asked me,’ when the hell did you change your clothes?” That was when I realized that I was wearing a black pair of jeans, a black t-shirt with a Halloween theme and a cool black and red hoodie. Along with that I was wearing a skull necklace. I actually looked pretty cool! But my poor brother… I started laughing again, clutching my aching tummy. Dev glared at me and started blushing , looking embarrassed . He suddenly screeched and things turned black.

 

Dev`s POV

I opened my eyes and was relieved to find myself back at home, in my room. I woke up feeling a little weird but I was too sleepy to care. I took my tooth brush and walked up to my full length mirror while brushing my teeth. I looked at my reflection and screamed like a girl with an annoying high pitched voice. You may have guessed by now, I was still wearing the clothes from my nightmare, or was it?!?!?!?

 

© 2016 TRISHA PRASAD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on April 30, 2016
Last Updated on April 30, 2016

Author

TRISHA PRASAD
TRISHA PRASAD

bangalore, India



About
I very passionate about writing and started writing at the age of 7. Over the years I have improved majorly thanks to the advice of my friends who are fellow writers and my parents. I would love mo.. more..

Writing