Missed Calls

Missed Calls

A Story by Rachel
"

Sometimes, one missed call can mean life or death... Copyright. All ideas belong to me.

"

Missed Calls 

 

         2 missed calls Simone Archer’s phone display read when she came into her apartment after work. 1 new message. “Hey Sim, it’s Kate. I’m back from vacation! I’m jut getting back to my apartment. Call me!” Beep. Simone plopped on her couch, and closed her eyes. It had been a long day at work, and she was exhausted. She decided to take a nap; she’d call Kate, her best friend, when she woke up.

 

         iMessage Started

 

         Kate Blackburn: Hey, something strange happened just now. It’s probably nothing, but can you call if you have a second?

         Kate Blackburn: Sim? Can you call? I think something’s wrong.

 

         When Simone woke up, it was dark. She checked her phone. 4 missed calls, 2 new iMessages, 4 new voicemails her phone read. After reading the text messages, she decided to listen to the voicemails first to see if Kate had solved whatever had happened.

 

         You have 4 new messages. To listen to your messages press 1. Beep. First message: “Simone? It’s Kate. Just seeing if you were okay, you aren’t answering my messages. I’m just settling back into my apartment. I have so much to tell you-oh, someone’s knocking, call me when you can!” Beep. Next message. “Simone? Kate again. I just answered the door but no one was there. Probably some punk playing a Halloween prank. Anyway, call me.” Beep. Next message. “Simone? Something really scary just happened. I’m not sure what’s going on. Did you get my text? I thought it was nothing, but now I’m not so sure. I’m seeing something really…weird in my apartment. I think something is in here. I’m going to hide in my room for now, I’m sure it’s nothing, right?” Beep. Simone felt a chill run down her spine.

         Beep. Next message. “I think it’s outside my door. I can hear it breathing. Kate, I called the police, I hope they get here soon. I-I just need to know that you’re okay, that it didn’t get you. I need to hear your voice. I- oh god the door’s opening. I can see it. It’s a shadow, a black shadow coming towards me. [What do you want?] Did I bring it back with me, or was it always here, watching me? I- [Static] It’s here. Beep. End of messages.

         Simone dialed the police as she ran from her apartment to her car. She was going to Kate’s apartment. “911, what’s your emergency?” a voice asked. “My friend, I think she’s hurt. I got these voicemails. The address it 243 Cheshire Lawn.” She hung up. She arrived at Kate’s apartment before the police. When she got up to the 1st floor, she found Kate’s apartment door unlocked. Reluctantly, she went inside. Everything was turned upside down. Kate’s blinking computer was on the floor, her bed was torn up, her kitchen strewn with the contents of the fridge. She called Kate’s phone, and heard it ringing from the kitchen counter. It was there, flashing her name on the caller ID and a picture of her and Kate, but Kate was nowhere to be found. Simone felt her eyes well up with tears. Her phone rang in her hand. No caller ID the display read. “H-hello?” she said. “Simone?” a voice said. A voice that made her tear up again. “Kate?” she asked, but the line had already gone dead.

 

 

© 2015 Rachel


Author's Note

Rachel
Please read and give an honest review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey Rachel,
This story is definitely very creepy. I like the idea of telling parts of the narrative through phone messages. Be careful of "felt a chill run down her spine." The phrase tends to find its way in a lot of stories, shows, and what have you. But I did enjoy reading this short and look forward to seeing what else you have here.
Keep it up.


Posted 8 Years Ago


CLRose

8 Years Ago

I might if I get around to it.
This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.
Rachel

8 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 15, 2015
Last Updated on August 12, 2015
Tags: Horror, scary, calls, iPhone, creepy, story

Author

Rachel
Rachel

New York , NY



Writing
She Calls She Calls

A Story by Rachel


Letters Letters

A Story by Rachel