Thoughts of a man

Thoughts of a man

A Story by My Perspective
"

The simple thoughts of a complex man

"

Hiding. Hiding behind their shadow. Hiding from their creation. I search for them. I search for those like me. I know that they are like me! I know that they know who I really am! Then why do they hide from me? Their colorful cloaks bind them to the chains of their creation. So why can’t they escape from their creation. Why can’t they make a new one? A creation where they don’t have to hide from one another. A creation of happiness and joy. Engulfed in pain, they hide their scars with smiles. They murder their lives with shadows. Afraid of the other shadows. Afraid of the other shadows just like them. Afraid of me. Always running from reality. Always searching for truth. Always looking for meaning. What is the point of that? If they are to hide behind their cloak, why trust themselves. Are they telling the truth? How can they understand the world without understanding themselves? Is it because they are hateful that they hide? Are we not all hateful? Are they so blind as not to see that. Are we not all stupid? Are they so stupid that they think they’re smart? So come out! Let me be your friend. Let me show you the truth. Let me help you escape your shadow! Let me help you understand the meaning of life! Let me be your guidance. Am I still alive? Is that why they can’t see me? They can’t see my shadow? But my shadow is bigger than ever! My shadow encompasses everything I am! I am successful. I am famous! I am the greatest shadow of all! Then why do they hide from me? Is it because they are afraid of my shadow? All I want to know is if there are people like me. I already know they are like me. I can see through them. But why won’t they tell me? Is it because they don’t know they’re hiding? 

© 2016 My Perspective


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on April 12, 2016
Last Updated on April 12, 2016
Tags: philosophy, thought, beauty, truth, understanding

Author

My Perspective
My Perspective

Chandler, AZ



About
Philosopher, Musician, and Christian more..