The Term Paper

The Term Paper

A Poem by GC
"

writer's log, 0-400 hours. deadline: 0-800 hours.

"

my twenty page paper is at ten pages, but material is running low. there is only so much my brain can handle at this point. time is running out, as is my sanity. the overhead flourescent lights buzz with the same fervor as they did hours ago when i first entered this hellish room. sadly, my capacity for writing has dwindled. the incessant noise penetrates my skull, synchronizing with the pulsating of the vessels in my brain. the caffiene that runs through my veins offers no real comfort. i am awake, but am i alive? i must be, the overbearing burden of completing this paper by 8am cannot be ignored. if i were lucky enough to not be alive, i would not feel the wrenching pangs of pain in my stomach as i sit idly... staring blankly at the screen.
 
the screen grows dark, powersaver mode. as blank as my mind. as dark as my soul. the hatred welters up inside me. who on earth decided that essays were a proper evaluation of one's advancement in knowledge? no one on earth, it was the devil himself. damn him... damn him to hell. and then again, is this not hell? the radiator hisses in affirmation. i shift my attention to the half-eaten turkey caesar sandwich sitting next to the mouse. the strips of parmesan cheese oozing out of its carcass like maggots writhing on a dead raven. but they are not alive. lucky them, they don't have this paper to complete. they never will.

© 2008 GC


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on May 8, 2008
Last Updated on May 13, 2008

Author

GC
GC

New York, NY



About
Self Therapy more..

Writing
Goddess Goddess

A Poem by GC


Adrift Adrift

A Poem by GC