Little Miss Knittens

Little Miss Knittens

A Story by theajsweetpea
"

I was looking at a piece of art and creatively wrote a fictional story of it.

"

The living room was completely silent except for the light ticking sounds and soft swishes of the fabric Ms. Prim was knitting. The beautiful colors of the shades of green and yellow of the fabric resembled the earthly grass and bright sun in the sweetest spring. Ms. Prim thought that a new dress would cheer up the bored little girl that is resting her pudgy little elbows on her lap. Her name is Kat Mittens, but she is known by the name Little Miss Knittens. She is the only child left in the orphanage.

The orphanage has an abundant of toys for Little Miss Knittens, but she already played with every single one of them. Even though she was the only child, she never played with the toys alone. Mrs. Prim was there to chug the train with her, sing her dolls to sleep, invite her stuffed animals to a tea party, and play the xylophone with her. They repeated this routine every day until this very special particular day. As Ms. Prim was knitting, Little Miss Knittens was deep in thought about the beginning of her new life. She wonders about her next life-changing event the instant the doorbell rings.

Though it has been a dream for Knittens to be adopted, she worries about every possible thing that could go wrong. She saddens at the thought that what if the couple wasn’t nice. She felt a little unloved when she thought that the other children would cause the parents to not love her enough. Or worse, what if they change their minds and returned her to the orphanage? Little Miss Knittens tried to hide her worries behind a mask from Ms. Prim because she did not want her to stop knitting.

She is such a sweet child; she just patiently waited for Ms. Prim to finish the dress she was knitting before her new parents arrived. Ms. Prim was delighted in the idea of Knittens getting a new family. But her heart and soul breaks to see her go. With every crisscross of her knitting, special memories flowed through Ms. Prim’s mind. With every memory, she tried to stop the tears of love from flowing out of her eyes.

Four years were more than enough to get to know and grow a strong bond with Little Miss Knittens. Though Knittens was still in the same room, Ms. Prim already misses her. She had already memorized and absorbed every single detail of her from head to toe and from her mind to her heart. Ms. Prim already misses the way she loudly slurps her milk through a straw and quietly solves a puzzle game. She will also miss the way Knittens unravels her hair by joyously running through the halls right after she has sent an hour fixing her hair. Last but not least, Ms. Prim will always miss the way Knittens throws her arms around her and kisses her cheek after she has been tucked in.

There is no doubt that Ms. Prim and Little Miss Knittens were meant for each other. A bond like this is unbreakable and too strong to leave behind them. Without much say in words, both Ms. Prim and Little Miss Knittens share the same emotions. Expressing their feelings through silence is more than what words can say, for their love speaks louder than three simple words.

Little Miss Knittens keeps her eyes locked on the door waiting for her life to change. Although curious beyond imagination, she secretly wishes to spend more time with Ms. Prim. But the papers have already been signed and the time is quickly passing away by the minute. Ms. Prim is almost on the last thread of the dress. Knittens finally hears a new knock on the door.

 

 

© 2014 theajsweetpea


Author's Note

theajsweetpea
This is my first piece. Let me know what you think of it. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed reading this piece, I truly believe you should continue writing more pieces like this!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 6, 2014
Last Updated on February 6, 2014
Tags: Orphan, Love, Little Girl, Mother

Author

theajsweetpea
theajsweetpea

About
"All you need is Love." more..




Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114