Fear Part One

Fear Part One

A Story by Pandora
"

It's not what you think

"
Paris, 3010. March 13th.

Uneasyness suronds Paris, as Verduth, a count, controls half of our resources. He is obssesed with power, and willing to do anything to get it. He is threatning the goverment curently.

London, 3007, January 3rd.

Life is rough here, ever since that fog rolled in, it mutates you. Mentaly though, not phsycaly. Treatment is expensive and hard to get. Practicly unavailable to the low class. this never would have hapened if I brought you flowers.

Rome, 3001, April 29th.

Things have turned deadly thanks to war, every street I see is filled with blood. Not to mention the concern this mysterious haze is causing. It brings out random burts of emotion. I have yet to be affected though.

"This, is the effects of Fear." The Teacher explains as he paces the floor. "It causes people to hallucinate." The little remote in his hand clicks as he pushes the button, the screen changing from the diary entry, to a man who is walking outside his house grabing his newspaper as a little dog barks at him playfully. "When you first get expossed to fear, you won't know for some time. Although this is only an asumtion. Now, the first phase may be small changes like this." The slide changes again, same happy scene except the man's eyes are orange, took me a few minutes to notice though... "Now the changes are estimated to be so small not even the victim notices. Next the changes effect larger masses of what the victim sees." Slide changes again, now the sky is green with strange mixes of pools of blue dalloped across it. "It's hard not to notice this, by this stage the victim also sees actions differetnly. You may be talking calmly but the victim may picture you as yelling. Not only this but foreign being are seen, and "interact" with the victims and their surondings."

He clicks the button again and a jack-in-a-box is now in the picture, with a distorted smile it picks up the dog. "The next visions are very drastic, and are extremely well umm, random." His voice fades out at the end, probably from talking so much.

Class ended shortly after he gave us homework, a oral report on the subject of Fear. "Ugh, who cares about Fear, some say it's just what the goverment uses to infroce laws. You must have been infected by Fear to do this crime...." My snarky friend, Rossete says as she walks along with me through the vast halls. The suns rays bouncing off her dark oily hair. "Seriously though don't you ever get supicous?" She leens over to me with keen intrest, although she really isn't taking into account what I'm saying. I answer wearily in reply "Who doesn't get curious, there are ZERO tests on this thing."

"Yeah, so will I see you at the movie tonight?" See, blowing off my reply to the very serious question about Fear.

"Suuuuuuure......." I completely avoid her death glare by staring down a hall.

"I don't like that reply, but'll be your lost. Since you-know-who will be there." Rossete sudenly runs ahead, I know who you-know-who is, he's the friggin hottest guy in class.

"Wait I'll be there!" I scream as she turns the hall but before being completely gone she turns and replies. "I knew you'd say yes." The sun sprinkles it's last rays on her as she disappears into the darkness of the hall. I smile but then think, funny, weren't her eyes always green?

Later that day, almost sixish..... I'm trying to get my damn computer to work. Hiting it with a broom while screaming random curse words at it didn't seem to be working. So I decided to take the rest of the day to explore town. Although there is nothing left in town to explore, I have wanted to check out that cool new shop. The one with the book selection that is supose to "make the library of congress jealous" I bundle up and head out.

After spendng an hour going "oh my gawd~" at the selection, I setled down in the little empty nook called, clasic literature. Spent another hour oh my gawding at the bill.

Finaly now exiting the store, I saw it. The it that was the normaly the blue colored sky, was pink. It was a light pink, like cotten candy. I droped the books and stared up at the pink sky, until the shop keeper told me to scram ever so nicely by hitting me with a broom. Ironic, I thought as I walked through the street rain drizling down on me, my computer was broken and I hit it with a broom, so am I broken?

I have drifted in the slums. I wondered why people weren't bothering me, then I realised there were others. Following me in my zombie state, exactly the same as me. I turned my head looking at what looks like 3 females, hard to tell my vision was blured from my tears, or was it the rain? Was it just me or was the rain, crimson? The streets, they were full of it, the crimson rain, almost like... blood...

I stumbled into an ally, just laying against the hard wall. Stones jetting out stabing my back, although this pain was a relief from all the distortion now. I wasn't in reality, I wasn't real. The outside of the ally, was pure white. So inviting yet cold. Then someone jumped down from the roof of the building that made the back wall of my small little ally, the only place that was still sane.

He was hotter then you-know-who. Blond hair with Green highlights, beautiful green eyes as well. Not a scrawny build, but not very bulky. He bent over and picked up my hand, which was bleeding from the small pieces of broken glass that littered this ally.

He whispered, but that's all it was. The more I tried to hear the softer it would get, almost dissappearing at times. He lifted my hand up and my body followed, he lead me to the edge of the ally were all the white had taken over. I was busy looking into his eyes, which looked souless.

At the edge he lifted my hand over, it dissappeared into the white. "Will you come with me?" My words just came out in a sputter. Coiled together with an elegant thread called, sanity. "Yes." His lips stoped moving and I was tossed out. Back into the raining street, in which I heard a horn. Then I saw a flash, as a car plowed right through me.

© 2010 Pandora


Author's Note

Pandora
Kay this is experemental, there will probably be a part 2....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on December 9, 2010
Last Updated on December 9, 2010

Author

Pandora
Pandora

United Kingdom



About
Right now I'm using this as a place to store my writing since I prefer using computers instead of handwriting stuff. It's way easier to edit stuff too. Yeah this is my storage place of stuff I writ.. more..

Writing
It Decompossed It Decompossed

A Chapter by Pandora


ONSK ONSK

A Book by Pandora