Afternoon

Afternoon

A Story by Pandora
"

Something I came up with.

"

The day when the sweet dew of my morning turned sour as I realised I was still here. I was still in this house, still with people who repulsed me, still seeing these mornings.

 

I came outside after shoving a handfull of Cornflakes down my mouth and throwing on a hoodie. I took my moms pair of leather gloves and her brown boots. I've done this before, she calls it theft I call it staying warm. It was the opposite of a perfect morning, lots of grey, little color except for the grass. On the road now I went back to the start, the time we moved here, or maybe before that. The time we were living in a tent.

 

The tent was green-ish, leaks everywhere. It wasn't like we there for a long time, just till mom finaly admited she sucked. We were in a trailor, and it was me, my sis, my brother, my mom, and my suposid dad. He called us ungreatfull when we wouldn't let him go out to hunt dear, or ducks, or whatever when my mom's parents were coming over. I never saw them, they refused to come when they heard dad took the trailor and left us alone, and we'd all stay in a tent. We finaly moved in with a friend when my mom finaly agreed that dad wasn't coming back.

 

Now it was raining, which left me semi-soaked. Often I've stood in the rain and have stayed in it until I was fully soaked thinking about everything, but this was the last time. The road gained the property of being muddy, which is not a nice one. I countinued though, remembering when we moved here.

 

 By now dad was in court for not paying child support. I think about a sunday morning though it was a lot like this, I was 12 maybe? I sat and listened wearily, my brother tugged on my hair from the back. God how I hated sunday school, my sis was helping with something when Tony, the normaly mousey boy leaned over towards who I thought was me, but I soon realised it was my sister he was going towards. Later in the day my sis went to his house, when she got back she wasn't herself.

 

It's amazing how people don't bother you when your walking through the rain and are well known because of your familly's antics. Not many cars drive by, one though is owned by Mindy, the girl who wrote some unsavoury things on my locker. Nows not the time to think of her though, this is about myself.

 

So it turns out your sister first tried drugs at the age of 12 on a certain sunday, is that why she was later cheaked into rehab after trying to huff a can of spray paint? Most likely. Also why your brother burnt down the kitchen trying to "cook" something after sis told him to, getting 2nd degree burns in the process? Yep, pretty sure. Mom was scared, she had no idea how to deal with this on her own, so she made a friend, alcohal. Not the stablest companion but it sure was a shoulder to lean on.

 

Aren't you tired? How much do you know about yourself? Well I know that I'm tired. Even though your tired you still walk down the muddy road. See? Your learning more about yourself.

© 2011 Pandora


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CW
A good story of life's reality, weather good or bad, it throws us curves ... how you deal with it, is yours ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Added on January 18, 2011
Last Updated on January 18, 2011

Author

Pandora
Pandora

United Kingdom



About
Right now I'm using this as a place to store my writing since I prefer using computers instead of handwriting stuff. It's way easier to edit stuff too. Yeah this is my storage place of stuff I writ.. more..

Writing
It Decompossed It Decompossed

A Chapter by Pandora


ONSK ONSK

A Book by Pandora